Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

I'm about to collect my replacement UK passport next week. Here's a timeline  of my application.

 

10-9-20. applied for appointment at Trendy. Told there was a three week waiting time and currently a 6 week processing time, with currently only available on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Given an appointment for 2-10-20

 

Supplied docs, payment details and application, then received a confirmation email from HMPO the same day, on 2-10-20, confirming the application

 

2-10-20, also had a text message confirming the application had been forwarded to HMPO Liverpool

 

Payment deducted from my UK band account on 6-10-20

 

15-10-20 email from HMPO confirming COVID-19 could delay the process by up to 8 weeks

 

Just four days later, on 19-10-20 had an email to say my new passport had been delivered to HMPO at Trendy already and was available for collection at any time after 21-10-20, between 11.00am - 13.00pm

 

21-10-20, received at text from HMPO confirming the new passport had arrived at Trendy and was available for collection after 11.00am on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday 

 

 

 

 

Yes, my passport renewal a few years ago was also dealt with quickly and efficiently, like yours.

 

Quite why there has been an issue with my son's, and more importantly why I have received no communication from HMPO regarding it, is the problem I am now faced with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phone number is   +44 300 222 0000   Or try enquiries   https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Passport_Enquiries.ofml   Or track application    ht

Did you use VFS in Bangkok? Or did you try doing things on your own? My passport was returned in 4 weeks, submitted on last day of August back in Thailand 4 weeks later.

After a number of emails, I finally got a reply and an apology:   Dear Mr ****   Thank you for your email and bringing this to our attention.  You did indeed make payment on 15 Sep

On 10/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

The DHL tracking just shows it was received in Liverpool, UK in early September, but nothing since then.

How did you process the application? I took my application directly to Trendy building myself. I never had any DHL tracking number, just emails and text messages confirming each part of the process. There were also references to links to ask for updates etc. on the receipt given by Trendy for my documents

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, colinneil said:

My passport was returned in 4 weeks, submitted on last day of August back in Thailand 4 weeks later.


Are they providing the dark blue passports by now, or are they still using up the remaining maroon covers?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, donnacha said:


Are they providing the dark blue passports by now, or are they still using up the remaining maroon covers?

 

Dark blue

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 8:24 PM, NanLaew said:

Also suggest you check with VFS (spam filter again?) as they will only hold on to a passport for maybe two weeks before sending it back to the UK if the applicant doesn't come and get it after being notified.

They hold on to Passports for 30 days.

I applied for 3 passports on 5th October

2 have arrived after only 16 days but no idea about my sons passport.

Waiting to pick them all up in one go as it's a 8 hour round trip to the big smoke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some time ago my Passport renewal was delayed beyond the 8 weeks.  I emailed the Homew Office, who responded and they confirmed that VFS had received it but failed to send it to me.  Hope it helps and more importantly works for you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

I'm about to collect my replacement UK passport next week. Here's a timeline  of my application.

 

10-9-20. applied for appointment at Trendy. Told there was a three week waiting time and currently a 6 week processing time, with currently only available on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Given an appointment for 2-10-20

 

Supplied docs, payment details and application, then received a confirmation email from HMPO the same day, on 2-10-20, confirming the application

 

2-10-20, also had a text message confirming the application had been forwarded to HMPO Liverpool

 

Payment deducted from my UK band account on 6-10-20

 

15-10-20 email from HMPO confirming COVID-19 could delay the process by up to 8 weeks

 

Just four days later, on 19-10-20 had an email to say my new passport had been delivered to HMPO at Trendy already and was available for collection at any time after 21-10-20, between 11.00am - 13.00pm

 

21-10-20, received at text from HMPO confirming the new passport had arrived at Trendy and was available for collection after 11.00am on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday 

 

 

 

 

Nice timeline but what about the parking/lifts/coffee shops?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for the advice and links.

 

I received a reply from HMPO as below:

 

From: HMPO Service
To: ********

Re: Track ********
Message_ID:
X-TSID:
-------------------------------------------

Dear Mr *******

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

There has been an issue with payment. Please contact [email protected] or 0191 370 7093.

Thank you,

 

Customer Service E-Mail Team

 

However, the fee (88.51 GBP) was deducted from my credit card on 16 September by HMPO.  If there was "an issue", why wasn't I contacted, and why are they holding on to my money?

 

I received an email from HMPO back in September telling me to allow up to 8 weeks for the renewal, due to the Covid situation, which is why I waited before chasing this up.  Now, it seems that HMPO would have just held on to my payment and not issued my son's passport indefinitely, if I had not contacted them.

 

I've threatened a complaint and demanded an immediate explanation.

 

 

 

 

Yet another incidence of bungiing HMPO incompetence and ineptitude to add to the forever-burgeoning list, I think.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Nice timeline but what about the parking/lifts/coffee shops?

No problem 😀. I live in Chonburi so drive to Tesco's car park (4hrs parking costs 100 baht) right next to the On Nut BTS train station (on the Sukumvit) then catch a train to Nana (37 baht each way) and walk the last 100 yards or so to the Trendy building. Coffee shop is inside the entrance to Trendy (there's also a coffee shop at Tesco, On Nut, if you're desperate 😀😀.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought.   Whilst £88.51 is the correct fee for a child passport, was your son still considered a child when the payment was taken. I believe from age 16 the adult price of £118.512 or £128.51 is payable.  This fact should it be applicable should have been picked up by VFS when the application was submitted.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Just a thought.   Whilst £88.51 is the correct fee for a child passport, was your son still considered a child when the payment was taken. I believe from age 16 the adult price of £118.512 or £128.51 is payable.  This fact should it be applicable should have been picked up by VFS when the application was submitted.

 

 

My son is 5.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

How did you process the application? I took my application directly to Trendy building myself. I never had any DHL tracking number, just emails and text messages confirming each part of the process. There were also references to links to ask for updates etc. on the receipt given by Trendy for my documents

As stated earlier, I submitted the application at the Trendy.  VFS wrote the DHL tracking number on the receipt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

I'm about to collect my replacement UK passport next week. Here's a timeline  of my application.

 

10-9-20. applied for appointment at Trendy. Told there was a three week waiting time and currently a 6 week processing time, with currently only available on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Given an appointment for 2-10-20

 

Supplied docs, payment details and application, then received a confirmation email from HMPO the same day, on 2-10-20, confirming the application

 

2-10-20, also had a text message confirming the application had been forwarded to HMPO Liverpool

 

Payment deducted from my UK band account on 6-10-20

 

15-10-20 email from HMPO confirming COVID-19 could delay the process by up to 8 weeks

 

Just four days later, on 19-10-20 had an email to say my new passport had been delivered to HMPO at Trendy already and was available for collection at any time after 21-10-20, between 11.00am - 13.00pm

 

21-10-20, received at text from HMPO confirming the new passport had arrived at Trendy and was available for collection after 11.00am on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for posting this.

 

But just goes to show how the new "process" is a vast improvement on the old one i.e. going to the Embassy with your completed application and payment and collecting your new passport a week later!

 

Of course this must save millions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...