Do I need to covid test if I am LEAVING Thailand on a flight to Europe ?

bluebird729

If I am flying to Europe  (Sweden or UK), maybe direct, or maybe in transit with Emirates or Qatar, do I need to take this COVID test in a hospital/clinic before flying?  

or does the airport just do a temperature check?

Has anyone done the covid test?  how much did it cost and what did it involve ?

I also read that I need 100,000 baht of insurance if I fly ?  is that correct? or is this only for passengers who are ARRIVING into Thailand ?

Many thanks ????

• Haha 1

You have to ask the airline. I know Etihad requires a Covid test, else you will not be allowed to fly. You also have to ask what they accept. Etihad had a list with approved facilities. Emirates was much more strict and limited. 

I paid 3000 Baht in BKK for a Covid test. They came to my condo, and the result was brought the day after by courier. 

Edited by dimitriv

7 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Emirates was much more strict and limited. 

That's really weird.  I just phoned Emirates (Dubai office) and they told me that you dont need a PCR Covid test if you are flying from Bangkok to Europe. (He asked what destination countries and I told him London or Stockholm), he said both of which do not require a test.

What was your destination? Perhaps your destination required the test?

Etihad (from their website) seems to want EVERYONE flying out of Bangkok to take a test, whereas Emirates only seemed to only care what the destination is.

How is it that you thought Emirates was stricter than Etihad ?

1 hour ago, bluebird729 said:

How is it that you thought Emirates was stricter than Etihad ?

I flew with Etihad some weeks ago from Bangkok to Europe. They required a Covid test, not because my destination country wanted that, but because they don't allow people in the airplane without a test. And they don't allow people at the airport in Abu Dhabi without a test. So if you fly with Etihad you need a test. They have a pdf on their website with a big list with approved facilities in BKK. 

I talked to someone who was flying with Emirates, and he also needed a test, for flying, not because his destination country wanted that. He told me that Emirates only accepted Covid tests from government hospitals in Bangkok. That really limits your choices.

But I quickly checked the Emirates website and they write: "The COVID‑19 PCR test is no longer required for all passengers". So probably they changed the rules.

So if you fly with Emirates you are lucky. Or not of course. It really depends on who is sitting next to you ???? 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 3:21 PM, bluebird729 said:

If I am flying to Europe  (Sweden or UK), maybe direct, or maybe in transit with Emirates or Qatar . . . .

In case your not aware, if you transit in Qatar or the UAE on your way to the UK you'll have to self quarantine on your arrival under the current rules.