Why did you change the font?

balo

14 minutes ago, Poet said:

I like the new design, certain things are easier, but hiding the edit button is a bad idea.

The site admin can globally change the fonts OR individual members with eyesight problems can increase the size via their browser. Your browser should remember your setting for each site.

Yes, It´s very easy to do.

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well done Thai visa, once again you are doing your best to p off members.

Where is the click to top of page arrow? Every time you have 1 of your so called upgrades, it vanishes, then only reappears after members complain.

Out of what I can see, they are using Invision Board. Probably the online version. That means they have no say in how the updates works. However, they can fix things after. Seems like they also can trust that they are served everything for breakfast from all the angry early birds. ????

Just now, Jack Hna said:

Seems much better to me. Nice look. Not as bulky all round and maybe it's a sign of the times and the new target audience may be much younger than the cranks who cannot afford an eye test.

Sorry. And I'm on an android. No issues at all.

3 minutes ago, fangless said:

That's as maybe but I do not see why I now have to change my browser settings every time I go to the TV site.  My edge browser does NOT remember the setting per site.  It changes them all!

Could you, perhaps, consider using a better browser?

They are not expensive.

As far as I am aware, all the main ones automatically remember per-site settings, you only have to increase the zoom once.

Edited by Poet
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Poet said:

Could you, perhaps, consider using a better browser?

They are not expensive.

So you want me to change my browser because TV introduce a totally unnecessary change?

As it is you may notice I edited my comment as the browser does seem to remember settings.

5 minutes ago, fangless said:

So you want me to change my browser because TV introduce a totally unnecessary change?

I was being somewhat facetious because I considered it very unlikely that Edge would not have that feature, but did not want to argue the point as I have not used Microsoft software since the early 90s.

5 minutes ago, fangless said:

As it is you may notice I edited my comment as the browser does seem to remember settings.

Yes, I didn't notice the change when I wrote my comment. I'm glad you did find the feature.

Unfortunately it is necessary because a lot of forums and websites have poorly chosen styles.

Edited by Poet
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, uncleP said:

What do you all expect from something Thai owned? Seems better  apart  from the font. Those of you on computers can ctrl + to make everything bigger

MD of Thai Visa is Dan Cheeseman (so he claims). A Brit.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Actually this is much clearer on my computer. Much better. Perhaps it is made for computers with high resolutions. I got 3 32 inch monitors at 3840 x 2160 and how the sit looks now is much better.

same with my monitor and so far no popups.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

grumpy john, i have to squint my eyes to read your comments. so i'll have to go to the optometrist and get glasses  

Disagree, on my notebook the font size is good, clear and easy to read.

It also seems that there are less annoying advertisement pop ups.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Disagree, on my notebook the font size is good, clear and easy to read.

It also seems that there are less annoying advertisement pop ups.

when i wrote that post it was lighter font, they made it darker some time after. I agree it's clearer now, but seems a lot of wasted space on the page.  imo

Font looks great and clean! Super on a iPad Air 

Design looks super slick.

New features of the forum are cool, popular posts within threads .. and no popups.

Nice work! 

ETS: Yes, actually the size could go up a smidgen. There should be an option in the preferences for those who are a little short sighted. 

Edited by recom273

3 hours ago, vogie said:

And the moral of the story is, if it aint broke........break it.????

Actually with forum software you have to do the updates, usually they update security stuff too. I have to update my site often too or i get all kind of spam or it gets hacked because of discovered weaknesses. So it might not be so easy not to update.

For me this is a great improvement but I got a computer with a high quality monitor and vgacard. So i run it at a high resolution 4K.  

Plus if you use chrome you can change font settings per site and so on. 

But for me its an improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Pressing ctrl and - reduces the font size.

the ads seem more intrusive.

Aha!! so its been upgraded or whatever you call it i thought it looked a bit different must admit it looks a bit bleak

I am sure it will remain at the cutting edge of reporting Thai news.

No adverts on mine though so something must still work

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Can you change your settings in your browser ? You might solve the changes that way. You can increase and decrease font size in browsers.

But that would result in all other sites having a huge font.  Only TV has gone with a tiny font size by default