Why did you change the font?

"Why did you change the font?"

Stupid question, but has the font changed? It's now Roboto.  Wasn't it Roboto before?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the moral of the story is, if it aint broke........break it.😠

You think the staff have any input??   Like pretty well every software "upgrade" (not just TV) it makes things less easy. I now have two clicks to edit a post rather than the original one.

My eyes are struggling reading forum posts now , compared to before. I am on a WIndows laptop.   You have changed the font. Is there any way I can make the posts bold ?   Bold text.  Why do we

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

"Why did you change the font?"

Stupid question, but has the font changed? It's now Roboto.  Wasn't it Roboto before?

No, I think it was Work Sans. I changed it to Arial in my browser. I can live with Roboto, however.

Roboto is apparently a "web standard".

Our software house has started using it for their user interfaces. It's awfully difficult to read at distance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think the site looks better, but the font size is way too small. Agreed. 

Use a browser extension to handle the font.

On Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

On Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-plus/ameggholdkgkdepolbiaekmhjiaiiccg?hl=en

I use Waterfox Classic, so the older extension No Small Text works brilliantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigStar said:

No, I think it was Work Sans. I changed it to Arial in my browser. I can live with Roboto, however.

I doubt that.  Work Sans rings absolutely no bells for me, and I did previously report some CSS issues with the site relating to fonts.

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's done a very poor job of ruining it. You should make a comeback.

I must admit I've been having a sly peep and it does appear more equitable now. I'll think about taking your advice. Maybe a few more wins. 555

Haven't tried it on a mobile phone, but so far on a computer, the upgrade seems to be an improvement on the previous style.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, uncleP said:

Those of you on computers can ctrl + to make everything bigger

I am aware of that but it doesn't change the font.   What is the name of this font anyway?  Silly font? 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

OK there is an extension called Font Changer Plus for Brave and Chrome browsers. 
Maybe that will sort out the problem ?  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-plus/ameggholdkgkdepolbiaekmhjiaiiccg?hl=en

Yes it worked!!   

Capture.JPG

Edited by balo