Why did you change the font?

balo

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

"Why did you change the font?"

Stupid question, but has the font changed? It's now Roboto.  Wasn't it Roboto before?

No, I think it was Work Sans. I changed it to Arial in my browser. I can live with Roboto, however.

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think the site looks better, but the font size is way too small. Agreed. 

Use a browser extension to handle the font.

On Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

On Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-plus/ameggholdkgkdepolbiaekmhjiaiiccg?hl=en

I use Waterfox Classic, so the older extension No Small Text works brilliantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

No, I think it was Work Sans. I changed it to Arial in my browser. I can live with Roboto, however.

I doubt that.  Work Sans rings absolutely no bells for me, and I did previously report some CSS issues with the site relating to fonts.

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's done a very poor job of ruining it. You should make a comeback.

I must admit I've been having a sly peep and it does appear more equitable now. I'll think about taking your advice. Maybe a few more wins. 555

8 hours ago, uncleP said:

Those of you on computers can ctrl + to make everything bigger

I am aware of that but it doesn't change the font.   What is the name of this font anyway?  Silly font? 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

OK there is an extension called Font Changer Plus for Brave and Chrome browsers. 
Maybe that will sort out the problem ?  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-plus/ameggholdkgkdepolbiaekmhjiaiiccg?hl=en

Yes it worked!!   

Capture.JPG

Edited by balo

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We shouldn't have to resort to tools like that (which may cause other issues) to make a forum usable.

I agree, but it is what it is.    I quick fix for now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

We shouldn't have to resort to tools like that (which may cause other issues) to make a forum usable.

I got that extension and am using Amiko at font size 20 on the laptop.  It seems to be working OK.  Used the Android phone at lunchtime to get on the forum...very frustrating!  Will have to see if I can improve things on the phone to make it usable.

I'm fine with the fonts when using a computer but when viewing on my smartphone the font is significantly smaller than before...too small for comfortable reading unless zooming in a little and then scrolling around to read the posts.   Other websites viewing/reading posts remains fine...it's just ThaiVisa where the font is too small now after the upgrade when using a smartphone.

• Like 1

I think there are some people here working on really old computers and who are inflexible to change. It happens it is needed just adapt. I get it that at a certain age computer things get hard. 

I am happy that this new version benefits us with good computers. It was time 4K screens have been normal for quite some time. 

Of course there should always be some backward compatibility. But why should people with good equipment held back.

Most browsers like chrome you can change font size independently from each site. So its possible to get the font as you want.

Too many people just don't want to change or accept it. 

I am pretty sure its more then just how it looks security has to be updated too.

Feels great to read this in a different font and size 17 .   

Font changer  did the job, I do not expect the software developers to improve this forum  anytime soon. 

59 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

this is a big improvement as the site is more readable and fits on my 32 in. monitor better than ever before,  Clearer and no popups as well, thank you thai visa staff.

Take a look at the font size on your smartphone with it's approx 6 inch display....the font is now significantly smaller than before...too small.  Before the upgrade it was fine...now too small....now I expect many people will need to zoom in and then scroll left-right to read most posts comfortably.