Obama rips Trump's record in 2020 campaign trail debut

webfact

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Biden isn't well enough to leave the basement more than two or three days a week, It is good of Obama to give that poor man some help. 

Nobody knows what Biden is doing. However, the Democrat politburo clearly does not feel the need for transparency.  They are not to be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Don't fall for the smoke and mirrors campaign being used by Democrats.  I don't care about how much anybody pays for taxes, but that is where they want YOUR focus.  The Democrats have the uneducated masses all lathered up over defeating a personality, such that some voters do not even care about the plans of the opposing party (Court packing, increase annual taxes from $4T to $7.5T, wealth redistribution).  Venezuela sound familiar?  Smarten up, voters.

In fact they hate the idea of affordable health insurance coverage of people with pre-existing conditions, higher taxes on the rich, environmental protection, etc.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Don't fall for the smoke and mirrors campaign being used by Democrats.  I don't care about how much anybody pays for taxes, but that is where they want YOUR focus.  The Democrats have the uneducated masses all lathered up over defeating a personality, such that some voters do not even care about the plans of the opposing party (Court packing, increase annual taxes from $4T to $7.5T, wealth redistribution).  Venezuela sound familiar?  Smarten up, voters.

Oh I think the voters have definitely smartened up this time around.

I'm already looking forward to the lame excuses from Trump and his pet monkeys.

This from a man that said, "manufacturing jobs will never come back to the United States".  Also, had the highest unemployment rate for Blacks, Women and Latinos. 

Never had a GDP above 3%.

Now, I know why he picked Biden to be his running mate. They both like to take credit or other peoples work. 

Edited by PhonThong

Wow! I guess the new Black and Decker factory I have been watching them build is just a mirage!

The Trump Effect

Without regard for personal political preferences, the tax cut and deregulation activities engaged in by the administration of President Donald Trump deserve some of the credit for luring manufacturing companies back to American shores.
 Additionally, Trump’s trade war with China, which has levied significant tariffs on Chinese goods, is another partial reason that manufacturing is moving from China to the United States.

Ironically, the tide has now turned.  For Walmart, bringing labor-intensive jobs back to the United States in the textile, clothing, and consumer products industries is a top priority.  The retail giant is actively evaluating plans to motivate the manufacturing is moving from China to the United States to access resources from the US Manufacturing Innovation Fund that it established in 2013.  Walmart plans to support domestic manufacturers by purchasing domestically made goods totaling US $250 billion by 2023.

Big companies such as Caterpillar, GE, Intel, Under Armour and others are beginning to realize the tangible benefits of being close to their markets. Another reason why manufacturing is moving from China to the United States is the loss of intellectual property (IP) through theft.

The fact remains.  The Obama administration had nothing to do with these companies and jobs, moving back to the U.S. 

One of the nation's best-known toolmakers, Stanley Black & Decker, said Thursday that it will move more manufacturing back to the U.S. from overseas, including construction of a new $35 million factory after acquiring the Craftsman brand from ailing retailer Sears Holdings.

Expanding American manufacturing makes "business sense" amid "pervasive" uncertainty regarding the future of U.S. trade with China and Mexico, Stanley Black & Decker CEO James Loree told investors Thursday in a conference call.

Although he did not mention Donald Trump by name in his remarks to investors, Loree hinted that the move has the side benefit of inoculating his company from the possible effects of the president-elect's threatened "border tax," a tariff on imports.

"It’s going to be advisable to have more manufacturing in the U.S.

14 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

Wow! I guess the new Black and Decker factory I have been watching them build is just a mirage!

The Trump Effect

Without regard for personal political preferences, the tax cut and deregulation activities engaged in by the administration of President Donald Trump deserve some of the credit for luring manufacturing companies back to American shores.
 Additionally, Trump’s trade war with China, which has levied significant tariffs on Chinese goods, is another partial reason that manufacturing is moving from China to the United States.

Ironically, the tide has now turned.  For Walmart, bringing labor-intensive jobs back to the United States in the textile, clothing, and consumer products industries is a top priority.  The retail giant is actively evaluating plans to motivate the manufacturing is moving from China to the United States to access resources from the US Manufacturing Innovation Fund that it established in 2013.  Walmart plans to support domestic manufacturers by purchasing domestically made goods totaling US $250 billion by 2023.

Big companies such as Caterpillar, GE, Intel, Under Armour and others are beginning to realize the tangible benefits of being close to their markets. Another reason why manufacturing is moving from China to the United States is the loss of intellectual property (IP) through theft.

The fact remains.  The Obama administration had nothing to do with these companies and jobs, moving back to the U.S. 

As shown by graphs posted by placeholder, manufacturing jobs started increasing after the crisis shock was observed. So it's not true that Obama did nothing.

Trumps stupid tariff policy did not result in any positive outcome:

- it had nearly no impact on the trade deficit with China (- 0.47% between 2016 and 2019),

- had absolutely no positive impact on the overall trade deficit (+ 16% between 2016 and 2019)

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c0004.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PhonThong said:

The Trump Effect

As actual statistics show, there has been a very slow if steady growth of manufacturing jobs from 2010. Currently nowhere near the level before the Great recession. 

And thanks for plagiarizing that bit of PR puffery from Prince Manufacturing.

https://princemanufacturing.com/manufacturing-is-moving-from-china-to-the-united-states/

It's excitingly free of data. I particularly enjoyed that part about Walmart evaluating plans to move manufacturing back to the US. Maybe someone is blowing smoke up some duct or other?

And cherry picking is hardly the way to figure out economic trends. So 1 factory from Black & Decker signifies what exactly?

What makes this source truly amusing, though, is that it's manufacturing operations are mainly in Mexico! They are actively involved in luring companies to outsource their manufacturing to this company's plants in Mexico.

https://www.princemanufacturing.com/manufacturing-in-mexico-services/

16 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Biden isn't well enough to leave the basement more than two or three days a week, It is good of Obama to give that poor man some help. 

Who was the last one at the hospital in ICU, pumped up on elite experimental drugs and surrounded by a phalanx of the gov's top doctors? Stones and glass houses my friend....

• Like 1