Opening to tourists: Three hundred more Chinese this month - Europeans must wait until November

webfact

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Opening to tourists: Three hundred more Chinese this month - Europeans must wait until November

It will be no surprise to many Thai watchers that all of them will be Chinese. 

Your right no surprise at all........Not much surprises us Non-Chinese/Non Thai's anymore about  Thailand ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I see a web of tangle lies will be unfolding soon especially with this little nugget.  

"China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.  The country's Ministry of Culture and Tourism made the announcement in a notice published on its website on Wednesday"

Can someone help the Thai Government understand that other countries are still not cooperating as they say they are.  Can someone explain to me who these 39 Chinese tourists really are? or, are they just really a new set of possible new diplomatic staff that have come to conduct an annual change at the end of the year in the Chinese embassy.  However, before stepping into place they get a free vacation first, just a few thoughts off the top of my head..

To be fair, the Reuters piece did say "China will continue to suspend outbound group tours... " so these could be 'individual' tourists, if they are in fact tourists to begin with. Perhaps there really are people in this world who think going on tour without interacting with anything local, including its people and travelling only on predestined routes and destinations AFTER spending 14 days in quarantine in a foreign country, is an ideal vacation LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Sorry, but it pi$$' me off, this pandering to a country which should pay reparation before any concessions beyond complete boycott are made. 

Well, at least your profile name is correct!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Typical.. Screw the rest of the world let's invite the country which "Covid" apparently originated, with arms wide open.. :clap2:

For Thailand, China represents it's tourism future as we have seen in it's recent past.  Every other country will play second fiddle to them.

• Sad 1

"Similarly health minister Anutin Charnvirakul has displayed contradictory behavior - gung-ho about the arrival of the Chinese one minute and evasive about the ending of the Covid-19 emergency decree the next."

" Anutin Charnvirakul has displayed contradictory behavior"

Now there's a surprise!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I see a web of tangle lies will be unfolding soon especially with this little nugget.  

"China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.  The country's Ministry of Culture and Tourism made the announcement in a notice published on its website on Wednesday"

Can someone help the Thai Government understand that other countries are still not cooperating as they say they are.  Can someone explain to me who these 39 Chinese tourists really are? or, are they just really a new set of possible new diplomatic staff that have come to conduct an annual change at the end of the year in the Chinese embassy.  However, before stepping into place they get a free vacation first, just a few thoughts off the top of my head..

When I worked for the Brit foreign service, staff at our embassies changed at the end of their alloted tour. It would've been impossible for all staff to start and end their tour at the same time because of each of the staff's previous tour and personal commitments.  You also needed the staff who'd been at a posting longer to be able to guide you through the first few months of your stint. I can't see an embassy operating without that continuity. The Chinese of course may operate differently.

• Like 2