Opening to tourists: Three hundred more Chinese this month - Europeans must wait until November

webfact

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

The tourists are flooding into Thailand again ......   39 this week and another   300 supposedly soon.

I hope the ASQ hotels are ready for the surge .... 

I hope they're prepared for the lack of Thai bookings in the quarantine areas.

39 minutes ago, jesimps said:

When I worked for the Brit foreign service, staff at our embassies changed at the end of their alloted tour. It would've been impossible for all staff to start and end their tour at the same time because of each of the staff's previous tour and personal commitments.  You also needed the staff who'd been at a posting longer to be able to guide you through the first few months of your stint. I can't see an embassy operating without that continuity. The Chinese of course may operate differently.

Think of several hundered staff and these are but just a few.  I know our embassies general staff is just a little over 125 and they rotate out periodically. That does not account for the other branches assigned as well.

300 Chinese tourists,,, ???? so how does 300 tourists represent any kind of meaningful policy or indeed make any difference at all to a collapsed industry? couldn't make this nonsense up,,,

I hate to say it, but as hard as Thailand tries to say they have opened to Tourists they sure have a funny way of actually being truthful as to the different Visa schemes and whether people truly came on one of them.  If this group of PLA folks, 39 in all, are here on an STV Visa, then how could they have been invited by the good general and sent by China when they have stated that all tourist tours from China are basically dead in the water.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I see a web of tangle lies will be unfolding soon especially with this little nugget.  

"China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.  The country's Ministry of Culture and Tourism made the announcement in a notice published on its website on Wednesday"

Can someone help the Thai Government understand that other countries are still not cooperating as they say they are.  Can someone explain to me who these 39 Chinese tourists really are? or, are they just really a new set of possible new diplomatic staff that have come to conduct an annual change at the end of the year in the Chinese embassy.  However, before stepping into place they get a free vacation first, just a few thoughts off the top of my head..

ThailandRyan, agreed, who-ever these chinese people are, they are not your average punter. Factory managers, diplomatic staff ? ? ?

I think these 'Tourists' are specially chosen party members being given a free holiday to save Thailand's image;  "You will go on a free holiday to Thailand and very much enjoy yourself."

I thought that STV's had a minimum stay period.  Are these tourists going to stay the duration?  Or quickly slip home before they catch something, as soon as all the photo ops are finished

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet, in all the world newspapers and media streams they are saluting Thailand and it's re-opening of tourism.  A friend from California called and asked since tourists are now welcomed if she could get here and do a VOE.  I had to burst her bubble and tell her it was all smoke and mirrors.  She instead will be heading to Hawaii for a month and then to Belize for a month where she will work from a Villa remotely, since it is now open to travelers.

Help other economies now. Thailand can wait as long as they want

18 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No, 39 Chinese.....

images (90).jpeg

What is the site I can buy this outfit to try and sneak my way back into LOS......."Hey-YOU...Oh so sorry officer I got lost from my tour group...I was buying a mama cup in 7-11"  I love Thailand!  Im no.1 tourist have lots of $$

• Haha 1

We will never know, of course, just who, exactly - these 40 odd Chinese 'tourists' are, will we?

China bans outward travel, yet allows 40 'specials' to enter Thailand. Another 300 soon.

Thailand agrees - specifically Chinese nationals only.

The 40 arrivals are all suitably attired in highly protective clothing.

Did they buy these or were they provided by the communist Chinese government?

Will all Chinese arrivals be dressed the same, courtesy of China?

They will all spend 14 days in quarantine at Government approved, (and owned?) hotels.

They can stay for three months.

They can afford to stay for three months? I thought China was communist?

And as the very model of perfect Chinese tourists, they will do exactly as the are told?

One wonders who told them to behave perfectly like tourists. China or Thailand? 

So, who are they? or are they here for another reason? 

We will never know, but Kra canals and Bridges over and across potential submarine waters may offer one or two clues.....

Maybe....... !

But at the same time China is doing this

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.