German ex-boxer held for allegedly growing marijuana at rented Chiang Mai house

webfact

German ex-boxer held for allegedly growing marijuana at rented Chiang Mai house

By THE NATION

800_53559193c16e9de.jpg?v=1603332013

The Region 5 Provincial Police Bureau raided a rented house on Chiang Mai-Hod Road in Suthep subdistrict, Chiang Mai’s Muang district, on Wednesday after police intelligence reported that a foreigner had been allegedly growing marijuana there for sale online.

Police promptly arrested the tenant, named Vincent Rich Moritz, 29, of German nationality and reportedly found three greenhouses and 13 cannabis plants as well as a few bottles of dried marijuana that were ready to be allegedly shipped to customers.

640_hf76gbhdkkjieff79h55i.jpg

Officials also found tools to grow the plants, soil and fertiliser on the ground floor of the house, which was modified into a temperature controlled room for growing marijuana.

Moritz reportedly said that he used to work as a Muay Thai boxing trainer in Germany and even won a title at a Muay Thai boxing championship before moving to Chiang Mai earlier this year to work as a boxer.

640_ddebjhf8hid5ad6daahif.jpg

The suspect reportedly rented the house in Chiang Mai for about six months after he was out of a job due to the Covid-19 crisis.

Moritz was taken to Muang Chiang Mai police station to be charged with growing and manufacturing marijuana without a licence.

Police also took in Moritz’s Thai girlfriend, who reportedly admitted to helping the suspect find and rent the house. But she said she had no involvement in growing the marijuana. Officers were interviewing her too.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396577

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-22

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... well, best buds I've seen in one of these respective news stories in a long time ... jaja, ze Germans ... 

Yes Beautiful, the last story on Argentinian man those plants were WEAK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... to be fair they got busted in different stages of bloom, the Argentinians stash looked plain sativa to me, very thin leaf-fingers if I recall that correctly, could mean almost double bloomin' time.

Above on the other hand we see some nice mostly-indica breed, almost finished as far as one can tell from that pic ... as medical as you can get I'd say, 555 ...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Moritz reportedly said that he used to work as a Muay Thai boxing trainer in Germany and even won a title at a Muay Thai boxing championship before moving to Chiang Mai earlier this year to work as a boxer.

Should have stuck to boxing, this has earned a ticket home not a trophy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Grace the visa virago, got out of it by claiming they were growing it for medicinal purposes. She and the hubby are now back in business. I am STILL not seeing CBD oil sold in pharmacies.

But CBD Oil and Tinctures are sold online from here within Thailand.  I use it for my back pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But CBD Oil and Tinctures are sold online from here within Thailand.  I use it for my back pain.

Link??? I know of no online source for CBD. I use Tramadol for back pain, but it is not always effective. I think some of the medications sold may be phony.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Translation error, they mean grow tents which are 2x4 ft.

Grow tents come in many sizes. The one in photo looks more like 4x6 feet or larger. Very nice looking crop. Sad to see the guy busted but not a good idea to do illegal stuff in Thailand where you're in competition with the police. 

57cada3736b5f_Daily10.jpg.226eaa22628a7de4b0bd35c1723ee5c9.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Alcohol is an addictive drug and it confuses the mind. This post is the perfect example. ????

The good news is that it only take 6-12 months to reset from alcohol addiction.

People say alcohol is not addictive, what they really mean is, it is not *that* addictive.

If this poster wasn't addicted to alcohol, then why would he have posted such foolish drivel?

????????????????????

It take 4-5 years to reset from alcohol and it is more physically addictive than pot. The point is quitting something for 6-12 months is not that hard.

I don't think people should be arrested for pot but i think there is a lot of fake hype around. It is not a wonder drunk, it is not medicine. It has a lot of side effects: paranoid, confusing and memory loss being the some of the worst. If you smoke everyday you will have those side effects all the time which is  sad way to go through life.a7PIjvy.gif

8 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It take 4-5 years to reset from alcohol and it is more physically addictive than pot. The point is quitting something for 6-12 months is not that hard.

I don't think people should be arrested for pot but i think there is a lot of fake hype around. It is not a wonder drunk, it is not medicine. It has a lot of side effects: paranoid, confusing and memory loss being the some of the worst. If you smoke everyday you will have those side effects all the time which is  sad way to go through life.a7PIjvy.gif

No need to explain yourself.  Any time either bitcoin or marijuana are criticized online, no matter how mildly, the defenders rush in to attack with ad hominems and red herrings like an army of deranged wasps from a disturbed nest.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Alcohol is an addictive drug and it confuses the mind. This post is the perfect example. ????

The good news is that it only take 6-12 months to reset from alcohol addiction.

People say alcohol is not addictive, what they really mean is, it is not *that* addictive.

If this poster wasn't addicted to alcohol, then why would he have posted such foolish drivel?

????????????????????

Maybe he has been watching too many movies.1645498528_ReeferMadness3.jpg.aba5643e8b3e1fb471b812231ed80a6b.jpg

• Like 1