12 million people in Britain will struggle to pay bills, watchdog says

webfact

Let's say the REAL number is ONLY 10,000....... Ten Thousand people who truly are struggling, might die, might be super young, future destroyed, life ruined, and living a life 100000x worse than something we have ever experienced.

And here we are........You buy smartphones you idiots!!!  HHAHHAHA, not my problem!!!!

It's extremely unfortunate we offer no value to the human race, except to be mean.  

Go tell the 10,000 dying people how you feel.......of course not.

i've given away money or stuff almost every week i've been in Thailand for five years.  This week I gave away fruit.   I know some of these people are suffering.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Sure, because no one in the 27 member states ever extends themselves, lives on credit and runs into financial issues when things like a totally unexpected pandemic hits out of the blue; or a financial meltdown.

No sir, all the EU member states are financially sound, prudent and have no debts. Just like Greece, Italy, Spain, Ireland, etc etc etc.

What are you babbling about? When did I mention that other countries does not have the same problem? Were you quoting me by mistake?

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, 12 million not so smart people that put themselves in too deep in loans as well as too high bills. Let´s just hope that´s not the smartest part of the country´s population. If so, there is no possible way to save the sinking ship. At least could have stayed in EU and given their citizens the possibility of free movements and work in other member states.

You obviously have no idea about accommodation prices in UK..rent or buy, driven so high by mass immigration which has also effected working conditions and suppressed wages....zero hour contracts with no benefits...when rent takes 70% of your net pay it doesn't leave much for anything else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

You obviously have no idea about accommodation prices in UK..rent or buy, driven so high by mass immigration which has also effected working conditions and suppressed wages....zero hour contracts with no benefits...when rent takes 70% of your net pay it doesn't leave much for anything else.

That just proves that I know what I am talking about. In reality it will generally be about 50% of your net pay, due to that you just took a high negative number out of thin air.

Anyway, that is not the point. You have to have a place to stay, right? My point was that you should not take on more than you can pay. Needless to say, you will have to pay 50% of your net pay just for rent, which mean that you always should see to that your mortgage costs never exceeds that limit as well. Always get away with the smallest of the necessities.

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:
12 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Somehow, i find that quite easy to believe!

Great! Thank you. Then I can be sure of that I managed to maintain my reputation. ???? 

is your best friend slot available ? i would totally love to be your bestie. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

But they all seem to have money being on the smart phone all day

I think the smart phone is now a part of modern life, a must have item, which can be bought cheap if you cannot afford the top of the range phones.

Even folk floating across the English Channel in a rubber dinghy seem to have one...????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

You don't understand that every individual's life is different, you don't understand that the low paid cannot buy a house, impossible, you just look at everyone's life as if it should have been like yours, if that were the case, who would clean your streets, who would do the jobs you would never do.  ?

But, once again you are telling us you are better than the rest, smarter, but I can tell you, that is your opinion, from where I am standing there is a very different picture.

Remember when you posted that you thought your fellow farangs caught on a 14 day overstay should be deported, I am sure you do, well that really sums you up, you have no idea why a bloke may be on a 14 day overstay, in fact it was an incredibly stupid rant by yourself.

1. Already aware of that people have different possibilities. So, if everybody have different possibilities, and they can´t buy a house. No, okay! Then they will neither stand with loans and expenses on that, right? What you seem to not understand, is that I am simply stating that most people would be better of, buy not dragging themselves into more debts than they can handle. There must always be a margin and a buffer in a financial situation before any debts are taken. That means, like you post, hat everyone can be individually different with different possibilities, but must look at their economic situation in the same responsible way. Get it now? Never posted that everyone have same possibilities. Neither was I judging out of my situation. That´s your words.

2. That´s strange? I thought it was only mentally challenged people that had such very different pictures of reality. It looks like you proven me wrong, or not. Unfortunately I am not capable of taking a decision on that matter on distance. ???? 

3. Yes, I remember that. The fact is that I do not need to know any reasons for a person that is on 14 days overstay. It´s against the law and is breaking the immigration rules. No more is needed. Maybe you can give me 3 reasons you deem acceptable for being on a 14 day overstay....... However, I guess you were mentioning things about being off-topic yesterday. What does your last paragraph have to do with this thread?

• Haha 1

Because I question you......????

No, just because you try to glorify the actions of a country that are doing the best to bury themselves.

You most certainly do have a reputation here, sadly....????

That´s mostly the comment from a person that disagree. From my side it´s positive.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

1. Already aware of that people have different possibilities. So, if everybody have different possibilities, and they can´t buy a house. No, okay! Then they will neither stand with loans and expenses on that, right? What you seem to not understand, is that I am simply stating that most people would be better of, buy not dragging themselves into more debts than they can handle. There must always be a margin and a buffer in a financial situation before any debts are taken. That means, like you post, hat everyone can be individually different with different possibilities, but must look at their economic situation in the same responsible way. Get it now? Never posted that everyone have same possibilities. Neither was I judging out of my situation. That´s your words.

2. That´s strange? I thought it was only mentally challenged people that had such very different pictures of reality. It looks like you proven me wrong, or not. Unfortunately I am not capable of taking a decision on that matter on distance. ???? 

3. Yes, I remember that. The fact is that I do not need to know any reasons for a person that is on 14 days overstay. It´s against the law and is breaking the immigration rules. No more is needed. Maybe you can give me 3 reasons you deem acceptable for being on a 14 day overstay....... However, I guess you were mentioning things about being off-topic yesterday. What does your last paragraph have to do with this thread?

I know an old guy whose wife takes care of all his paperwork, they went to the Laos border and were fined 15,000bht, they were on 30 days overstay, his wife thought June was July, but of course you want the ol' fella deported..????

Now I think you should perhaps stay quiet on the subject....????

• Like 1

No, just because you try to glorify the actions of a country that are doing the best to bury themselves.

That´s mostly the comment from a person that disagree. From my side it´s positive.

Once again you question my country of which I am proud of, a country, and it's populace that is none of your business to chastise on a regular basis...Makes you look stupid...????

On a lighter note,  little Bobby Thompson a North East comedian,

said on debt.......Let them worry that's owed...

The problem, lots of people have the view,I want it, and I want it now,

new iPhone coming out, lots of people ,who cannot really afford it

will get one.

With lots of Governments up to their eyes in debt,it does not give

the populist the incentive to curb their debt,then with interest rates

virtually non existent, who wants to save. ????

regards Worgeordie 

• Like 2

I know an old guy whose wife takes care of all his paperwork, they went to the Laos border and were fined 15,000bht, they were on 30 days overstay, his wife thought June was July, but of course you want the ol' fella deported..????

Now I think you should perhaps stay quiet on the subject....????

So, that means he made the wrong choice. He let a person that was not up for it take care of his paperwork and visa. I assume they, or his wife, had children or other relatives in younger age or more concentrated. If you reside in a foreign country and no longer can take care of things yourself, it´s your responsibility to appoint a person you can trust. Not a person you believe you can trust. There are agents that can take on this work for older people, and you can trust that it´s is being done in due time.

Why would I stay quiet? You have the ball. Present me with some valid reasons for overstaying 14 or more days! You, can´t, right? Then we at least know who should remain quiet out of us two, and it´s not me.

Now I will not discuss this off topic area more. If you wish to continue, you are free to send me a PM for further discussion. This thread is about 12 million struggling Brits. ???? 

Once again you question my country of which I am proud of, a country, and it's populace that is none of your business to chastise on a regular basis...Makes you look stupid...????

It´s definitely my business, due to that the actions of the people and a country´s government will affect the outcome of the economic situation. Something that I´ve already told you is a thing that is a part of my table, which makes it my business. You, however, are free to disregard my comments and move on with your life. ???? 

By the way, you are reacting and replying so much to my original posts and you never stop. In the future I will do like above and collect them into one single reply. I hope that is not a problem for you. ????

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It has been claimed (no links) that had our pensions been managed as well as the Dutch managed theirs, the pensions would be 70% greater than they are as of today???

i think you are mixing up state and private pensions, state pension is set by the government and rises at a small rate every year, just enough to still keep pensions low enough to be the worse in Europe. they will never get up to a liveable rate.

private pensions were dependant on investments

government employee pensions are again at a set rate and are not effected by investments

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i think you are mixing up state and private pensions, state pension is set by the government and rises at a small rate every year, just enough to still keep pensions low enough to be the worse in Europe. they will never get up to a liveable rate.

private pensions were dependant on investments

government employee pensions are again at a set rate and are not effected by investments

I think the article was specifically state pensions....but it was sometime ago....could even have been a TV Doc.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:
20 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Have you had a *Visa denied* to the UK because we left the E.U ?

What do you mean? Why would I have had that? Relevance?

It would appear despite this dear gentlemans (using the term loosely) perceived wealth and value to the human race ,his sense of humour is bankrupt

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, poohy said:

It would appear despite this dear gentlemans (using the term loosely) perceived wealth and value to the human race ,his sense of humour is bankrupt

Noted! Will try to laugh more, just to make you happier as well.

So, that means he made the wrong choice. He let a person that was not up for it take care of his paperwork and visa. I assume they, or his wife, had children or other relatives in younger age or more concentrated. If you reside in a foreign country and no longer can take care of things yourself, it´s your responsibility to appoint a person you can trust. Not a person you believe you can trust. There are agents that can take on this work for older people, and you can trust that it´s is being done in due time.

Why would I stay quiet? You have the ball. Present me with some valid reasons for overstaying 14 or more days! You, can´t, right? Then we at least know who should remain quiet out of us two, and it´s not me.

Now I will not discuss this off topic area more. If you wish to continue, you are free to send me a PM for further discussion. This thread is about 12 million struggling Brits. ???? 

It´s definitely my business, due to that the actions of the people and a country´s government will affect the outcome of the economic situation. Something that I´ve already told you is a thing that is a part of my table, which makes it my business. You, however, are free to disregard my comments and move on with your life. ???? 

By the way, you are reacting and replying so much to my original posts and you never stop. In the future I will do like above and collect them into one single reply. I hope that is not a problem for you. ????

My jobs done sunbeam.....????...Thank you....

• Like 1