China says will maintain ban on outbound tours due to virus risk

webfact

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

You are so correct.......Chinese economy rising, Thailand on its knees.

Property prices, in particular, are going crash over the next 6 to 12 months and the Chinese will make a killing.

Thailand is, after all, almost a dependency now.

People who didn't buy 10 or 15 years ago are always posting these predictions...unfortunately for them, it never happens.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Several children, at least couple families in the pics from arrival.  Don't see any babies in this photo.......

There was a photograph earlier of a family with three children, the youngest looked to be about 8 months.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Chinese tourists before they arrived

chinese before arrival.jpg

Staged photo op with the nice Amazing Thailand and hands across the water signs.  They do not look like tourists in my book.  If they are well heeled they sure dressed down, and of course they appear to be ordinary workers or staff.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I know it is wrong to say it, but........this would not surprise me in the slightest.

These are affluent, wealthy Chinese. Thailand has no right to be telling them where to go and what to do.

As long as they spend, spend, spend, I don't think Thailand gives a rat's toss what they do!

• Like 1

Yesterday there was an article about Thailand welcoming back 39 tourist's and the word tourists was used numerous times but judging by what I've just read in this article's nub and comments above that they are more likely to be something to do with the CCP consulate or embassy then something does not marry up .. it is becoming difficult not to arrive at the fast emerging conclusion that someone was telling porki pies and the stuff at the airport yesterday was but a charade .. now they are gonna have to come up with an even bigger whopper to extricate thereselves out of this .. but a wall built of fib on fib will only fall down at some point .. the laying of the next fibby brick will be amusing as they respond to this article .. misunderstanding is bound to make an appearance methinks ..  

• Like 2

There is a big difference between a 'group tour' and 'independent travelers' who book their own flights and accommodations.

The group tours are the ones where you see a crowd of them following a flag waver, they're on a package holiday for 1 to 2 weeks max.

The quarantine when returning to China is also 2 weeks, nobody is going on holiday any time soon, perhaps for a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Chinese apologist hmmmm

He's right.  China has the virus under control and the Western countries don't.  Sure, China is to blame for this mess.  But they've handled it well.  The West hasn't.  Obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Reports in Pattaya social media, indicted that the latest batch of Chinese tourists are now in Pattaya, out walking around on the beach. Hope wrong.

no you are not wrong

several groups of them walking to 7/11 every night now in soi Lengkee

thaisabai

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

no you are not wrong

several groups of them walking to 7/11 every night now in soi Lengkee

thaisabai

Just checked with my friend who lives near there and hangs out near there every day.  From early to late.  He hasn't seen any Chinese.  I was there yesterday, but left around 5pm.  Not a one.

• Confused 1

Strange that nobody has made any photos of where those tourists are staying for their 2 weeks quarantine.

IMO, there is no quarantine and they are already wondering through the high-end shopping malls, buying all stock of Gucci, Armani etc. (not the fake Ch.... stuff, the real one).

• Like 1