China says will maintain ban on outbound tours due to virus risk

webfact

18 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Would be excellent. Tour groups and cruises are destructive to the communities they attack. Worst kind of form of mass tourism.

I don't think those cheap Chinese tour groups will be let out for many years. Any country that relied on them will have find new sources of tourists, which will be hard or return back to the old sources, which won't be easy either. Tourism in europe in the summer was slow, even with a vaccine and no restrictions it will take years to recover, far flung places will be for the intrepid travellers like it was before.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson for CCSA, said the centre met on Wednesday to discuss seven matters, namely:

• The successful trip of a government delegation from China

CCP advance troops.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pkrv said:

So then where did these current 39 'Chinese' visitors to Thailand come from? ????

I read today in a Newspaper out of Bangkok, that they were from an Organization called " PLA " . whatever that is.

Apparently, they were bought here at the behest of Prayut to advise on control of Demonstrations Etc

Just saying

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pkrv said:

So then where did these current 39 'Chinese' visitors to Thailand come from? ????

I almost feel sorry for them.  There must be about 100,000 Hawkers, sellers of lucky charms and sunglasses etc... all vying for their attention. 

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have a feeling that they are not true tourists, but part of possible diplomatic staff change for the Embassy and Consulate China has here.  They probably have come to quarantine and then have a small vacation at the beach before they step into their new roles, and replace the existing staff, who will rotate back home or elsewhere.  Just my humble opinion, as it is about the right numbers for an annual swap out.

I rather expext them opening a new online gambling den and a broiler room.

Those left will be responsible for thew Mama Soup supply

5 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Reports in Pattaya social media, indicted that the latest batch of Chinese tourists are now in Pattaya, out walking around on the beach. Hope wrong.

Well I said it a couple of days ago, I've seen Chinese tourists in Phuket.  just saying.   Not normally a conspiracy type person, but this whole thing is oddly suspicious.  

38 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I read today in a Newspaper out of Bangkok, that they were from an Organization called " PLA " . whatever that is.

Apparently, they were bought here at the behest of Prayut to advise on control of Demonstrations Etc

Just saying

Peoples Liberation Army,  CCP 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

So, China understands the potential for the virus and is limiting travel. But, Thailand is trying to get Chinese to come here...something isn’t right with that...I just can’t put my finger on it...

The Virus has only been " controlled " in China and not eradicated. With the onset of the colder weather in China, there is a really high potential for the Virus to have a Major Outbreak.

remember, it was this time only 1 Year ago that this Monster reared its ugly head from Wuhan.

• Like 1

LOS - - comedy hour 24/7.

Let's hope the Chinese govt. have advised TAT that there won't be thousands of Chinese tourists arriving in the very near future, this will allow TVF to stop posting the continual reports released by every section of the government and their ministers ad-nauseam, we might now get some upto date information on the current political climate for a change. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.

Hmmmm, I wonder how that will pan-out with Pipats plans f a recovery

• Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A conspiracy troll post has been removed.