China says will maintain ban on outbound tours due to virus risk

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Makes one wonder what game Thailand is trying to play by saying they are tourists.

To make us believe that they will go into quarantine.

Surely, Ch... officials won't do this.

Embassy staff of other countries have to go into quarantine.

Hide the truth and nobody will ask.

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The photos I saw had a woman and her kids in one of them.

that's what I wrote yesterday about as well.

Probably now photoshopped  the kid out of the picture.

How would go with a small child, 14 quarantine into a hotel?

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

too bad western countries weren't as vigilant, they've been too busy spreading it about the world..

If the 14 day quarantine works  along with pre flight testing and the additional testing required before being allowed to "rome freely" what should it matter where the tourist are from?

3 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Strange that nobody has made any photos of where those tourists are staying for their 2 weeks quarantine.

IMO, there is no quarantine and they are already wondering through the high-end shopping malls, buying all stock of Gucci, Armani etc. (not the fake Ch.... stuff, the real one).

Better hope they are all skinny as the clothes in these places are for 6ft tall people who weigh10 stone at most !

• Haha 1

Maybe they were as genuine Chi.... as those slippers are Ni...????

They have kidnapped the first ones, looking Asian and put on a flight to BKK whilst telling them they are on their way to Disneyland .

915EE302-E380-4013-B77C-A2292A9F2B89.jpeg

Edited by AlfHuy

Just now, AlfHuy said:

And soon, those billionaire representatives will roll out their new products in your local high-end store.

Watch out.

That's the iPhone 17 coming 4 years early.

Now you can call from the comfort of your shoes.

No need to have those phones anymore.

639D8498-BF44-41F1-A417-1E1570B96741.jpeg

And for the sporty TV members, the runner version available soon.

I take orders from NOW

9999 Baht shipping included

Be quick, selling out in record speed to the TV hikers, bikers, runners, 7-11 walkers, bar-goers.

4C25DB51-F3F1-40AB-87D1-0A6AEFB8CD89_4_5005_c.jpeg

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have a feeling that they are not true tourists, but part of possible diplomatic staff change for the Embassy and Consulate China has here.  They probably have come to quarantine and then have a small vacation at the beach before they step into their new roles, and replace the existing staff, who will rotate back home or elsewhere.  Just my humble opinion, as it is about the right numbers for an annual swap out.

Surely Diplomatic staff are already allowed to enter amongst the permitted groups without the STV BS?

But I agree that the family with 3 little kids in tow looked more like they were on a mission,  not a vacation. 

"Its curbs on outbound group tours have had a debilitating impact on the tourism industry in countries such as Thailand which have become heavily reliant on Chinese tourists over the years."

And that was a big mistake.

To make so many problems to western tourists and expats by any way : denial at airport, bureaucratic nonsense, and even recently the uncertainty with last minute amnesty...

Not to mention the "dirty farangs", "burden farangs", "must clear out farangs"... 

And the crazy requirements to come in Thailand right now.

Thailand had a huge business with tourism since 40-50 years, not just Chineese.

Since a few years Thailand gouvernement has decided to go all-in on Chineese packs.

I said it long time ago : very risky bet, makes Thailand dependant of China, and profit mostly only the elites.

Time to rethink this bad strategy imo. Just saying it's very bad business, just opposite to Thailand unique skills in such business. So it's really obvious : "make international tourism / long stay EASY LIKE IT WAS", business as usual.

• Like 2

I've said it before in a recent Thai tourism (pipe dream) thread, the Chinese seem quite happy with promoting DOMESTIC tourism which has been booming lately. No virus risk, no quarantine to and fro, plus they are able to monitor the herd at all times.

Tough luck.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Huh! Imagine that lot in an "all you can eat" buffet. :ohmy::post-4641-1156693976:

Just enlarge the pic.

For me, they don't look Ch....

I'm not an expert in Chinese beauty but the ones I have seen, they look different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Sure, with the number of those skin whitening packages they sell every day at 7/11

Banned the wife from even looking at them....like loads of Thai girls she is desperate to have pale skin, a bridge to her nose and pointy chin........may as well marry a caucasian 

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:56 AM, AlfHuy said:

Well, that says all.

The billions of Chinese high spenders will not be able to come at all.

Bring them by boat over the Mekong in a special bubble boat.

No problem, They can come as individuals not as a tour.

• Like 1