Sattahip: Motorcyclist killed because of faulty drain cover

Sattahip: Motorcyclist killed because of faulty drain cover

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a 52 year old man from Roi-Et was killed when he lost control of his Yamaha motorcycle on a faulty grille in Soi Bon Kai, Sattahip.

Witnesses saw Suriya slam into an ornamental tree outside a house then get catapulted head first into a wall.

Rescue foundation staff on the scene of the accident on Monday night performed CPR but were unable to revive the rider. 

Locals called on the authorities to immediately repair the many potholes and faulty covers in the busy area, especially the one that claimed the life of the rider.  

A foundation rescue worker was pictured pointing at the faulty grille. 

Source: Sanook

• Sad 3
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly made from light gauge steel, tack welded and expected to take 40t trucks! They're all over Thailand.

i see these half collapsed drain covers everywhere touring around on my big bike.        

That drain cover is a disgrace, ow I suppose all drain covers in the area will be checked and repaired ,just like the rail crossings,nothing happens until someone dies... regards Worgeo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i see these half collapsed drain covers everywhere touring around on my big bike.

yaa they are tourist attractions.....and can be bought on the Thai monopoly game...quite cheap to buy.....!!

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Yes, and that is exactly what this man should have been doing too. It´s because you look at the road as well as the traffic you are alive, right? 🙂 

• Like 1