Sattahip: Motorcyclist killed because of faulty drain cover

webfact

18 hours ago, Crusader said:

I used to ride motocycles all the time, and unless you are going like a bat out of hell, or just not looking...these things are spotable.

I am sure you have a point, but on a rain soaked, unlit road at night??

I see many grills like that, particularly at our fruit and veg market. You often have to park on top of them and you always wonder when they will collapse .....

Generally, small road repairs are very poorly done. On our local village road (the surface of which is quite good) the road was dug up twice to lay drainage across it. In each case, initial repairs appeared OK but come rainy season the surface collapsed (I assume the fill was not consolidated before concrete was poured). The surface sunk sufficiently you needed to drop to a low gear to negotiate it and cars with front spoilers would probably hit the road surface. Eventually of course, accidents to motorcyclists happened at both points and the road was rapidly repaired (in a very temporary fashion). 

Get it right first time not common here.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, worgeordie said:

That drain cover is a disgrace, ow I suppose all drain covers in the area

will be checked and repaired ,just like the rail crossings,nothing happens

until someone dies...

regards Worgeordie

lets not get too anti Thai  here, UK roads are a disgrace and every bit as dangerous to bike riders.  I know this to my cost  in  flat tyres, broken wheels and broken car suspensions.   

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

lets not get too anti Thai  here, UK roads are a disgrace and every bit as dangerous to bike riders.  I know this to my cost  in  flat tyres, broken wheels and broken car suspensions.   

I would not know about the road conditions back in the UK

as I have never had the pleasure to go back there for 30 odd

years, and it looks like one last visit before I die ,looks like it's

not going to happen,due to the virus.

regards worgeordie

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I would not know about the road conditions back in the UK

as I have never had the pleasure to go back there for 30 odd

years, and it looks like one last visit before I die ,looks like it's

not going to happen,due to the virus.

regards worgeordie

I do hope that we can all go back to visit at some point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

do bikes have headlights ?????  if they do then the light should/would show up the obstacle in the road!!!!

Well yes, but usually the bulb has been removed, it is blown, or there is a basket with a dog in it in front of it.

On 10/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, jacko45k said:

You would think so.... but a pothole nearly took my teeth out recently as it was right at a crossroads and I was watching vehicles coming the other way.

Lack of concentration on two wheels? Tut-Tut.???? 

Looking at cars going the other way? Maybe we can , for the benefit of other add not following too close to cars etc as one never knows what is in front.

18 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Lack of concentration on two wheels? Tut-Tut.???? 

Looking at cars going the other way? Maybe we can , for the benefit of other add not following too close to cars etc as one never knows what is in front.

Do you drive a bike in Thailand? Not watching traffic coming from your left will get you killed.... there was actually nothing in front of me (bar a pothole) hence my focus to crossing traffic.