Rubber price could hit Bt67 per kg on rising demand

webfact

Rubber price could hit Bt67 per kg on rising demand

By THE NATION

800_0582cb5d2806f48.jpg?v=1603335269

The Rubber Authority of Thailand (RAOT) estimates the price of rubber could rise to Bt67 per kg soon due to increased demand from China, while the supply of latex is decreasing due to frequent rains in the South and labour shortage amid the Covid-19 situation, RAOT governor Nakorn Tangavirapat said on Wednesday.

“As of October 21 the price of grade 3 smoked sheet rubber from Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat markets was Bt65; this will continue to rise,” he said.

“Meanwhile, raw rubber sheet is priced at Bt59.60 per kg, latex with 100 per cent DRC [dry rubber content] is sold at Bt59 per kg, and latex with 50 per cent DRC goes for Bt43 per kg. These prices are the highest in the past three years.”

Nakorn also said the rubber price could go up as China predicts its GDP expansion at 4.9 per cent and has a tendency to import more rubber from Thailand.

160328083621.jpg

“Furthermore, some neighbouring countries which also produce rubber have been suffering from natural disasters in the past month, while Thailand’s southern region is also bearing the brunt of frequent rains and labour shortage in the Covid-19 situation, which will result in decreasing rubber output and increasing prices,” Nakorn said.

“The rubber price in future markets is also rising, either at Singapore’s Sicom or Japan’s Tocom. Soon the price will reach Bt67 per kg or go even higher,” he said.

The governor believed the government’s policy to support loans to rubber farmers will help them hire additional labourers to increase harvesting capability and rubber output.

“This project was implemented in May this year and will end in April 2022 under a budget of Bt20 billion,” he added. “The loans should eventually help stabilise the market rubber price.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396587

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-22

6 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Good if get better price, but stop raining that can harvest! Already loose 20 k bth this month coz raining all the time!

Farmers have said for the last 5-6 years that to make a reasonable profit margin (ie., 30%) they need a much higher price in the range of 80-85. 

32 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Farmers have said for the last 5-6 years that to make a reasonable profit margin (ie., 30%) they need a much higher price in the range of 80-85. 

Problem is dealers, they take all the money! Farmer get little over 20 bth/kilogram. And do all hard work. Ok its "raw" rubber but anyway.

Around where I live (rubber and fruit are primary crops) I reckon that 10% of the rubber trees on my daily walk routes has been cut out in the last two years and replaced mostly with durian plantations. The price of rubber will go up and durian will go down! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Around where I live (rubber and fruit are primary crops) I reckon that 10% of the rubber trees on my daily walk routes has been cut out in the last two years and replaced mostly with durian plantations. The price of rubber will go up and durian will go down! 

No idea why somebody put a simile on your great post? It's very sad and most people thought that the rubber business is out.

But it isn't and I'm afraid the price will go up more. 

It wouldn't be wise to go for Durian now. Not all people like to pay a hell lot of money for fruits that smell like a fart for some people.

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Problem is dealers, they take all the money! Farmer get little over 20 bth/kilogram. And do all hard work. Ok its "raw" rubber but anyway.

But you can't produce tires, or condoms washout it, can you? 

The dealers are always the ones who make the big money, including rice. 

3 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

But you can't produce tires, or condoms washout it, can you? 

The dealers are always the ones who make the big money, including rice. 

Yeah im not condom manufacturer LOL. Actualy been "allergic" for those .... Have many times thinking that i rent truck and drive like fruits in south(not drive myself). Bangkok all cost 3 or over times more than here in north Isaan. Then bring back sea food from south.