Question - Prakan Sangkom for person w Cancer

skippybangkok

My thai gardener has had cancer, and I think is in the clear but needs blood checks regularly - and gets them cheap if under Prakan Sangkom. She does not have a company and asked if she could be under mine? 

Feel sorry for people in a bad lot, happy to help, but what are the risks. Advice appreciated. ( she wants to be listed as an employee ) 

Do you have a company? If so ask who.ever does your accounting about the tax implications/costs of adding another employee to the rolls.

If you do not have a company then there is no way to do  this.

She can get this done for free (or 30 baht) under the universal (AKA 30 baht) scheme. I can't see what advantage getting umder SS would have.

17 hours ago, skippybangkok said:

Thanks for the advice - yes, have a company and accountant. Will ask the accountant 

It is going to have a lot of financial implications, not only for you (employer SS contributions etc) but also for her (taxes).

Since this can also be fully paid for under the 30 baht scheme I suggest you find out why she does nto want to go that route. It may be that she is registered at a hospital in another province. If so, far better than adding her to you payroll as an employee would be helping her change her tabian ban registration so that she can use a more conveniently located hospital. Unlike adding her to the payrolll this has no financial implications for either of you.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, Sheryl said:

It is going to have a lot of financial implications, not only for you (employer SS contributions etc) but also for her (taxes).

Since this can also be fully paid for under the 30 baht scheme I suggest you find out why she does nto want to go that route. It may be that she is registered at a hospital in another province. If so, far better than adding her to you payroll as an employee would be helping her change her tabian ban registration so that she can use a more conveniently located hospital. Unlike adding her to the payrolll this has no financial implications for either of you.

Very much appreciated.....Thanks

On 10/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, Sheryl said:

She want her employer to pay into her pension plan. When she leaves she can claim the money that has been paid in.  Also, when she dies, her family can afford to pay for her funeral. 

Edited by Neeranam