appointing senior post to a convicted heroin dealer

rubber stamping the watch mans pathetic justification for wealthy assets

banning the future forward party, it's MP's and leader for getting too popular

etc etc etc

maybe Thailand's not the place for you ......    lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well for once Prayut has done something sensible, had he left the emergency measures in place, it would have lead to major unrest and probably violence.

Likely Prayut decided to back off before he would be embarrassed by the courts as violating the law.

PM Yingkuck tried using State of Emergency in 2013/2014 to shutdown PDRC anti-government protests. Protest leaders filed suit against such use and the court ruled that such use was illegal against peaceful protests even when they occupied Government House. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

For all those concerned,  Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is not continuously occupied by the student protests, he has dozens of other daily schedules and meeting to attend.  The reason for his lifting of the emergency decree is simply because it's not warranted at this time. Should the student make trouble and violence again I am sure he will re-issue the order for emergency decree at the drop of a hat.  Hopefully the protestors will heed Khun Prayut's warning and get back to work and school.

Excellent work by Khun Prayut and the government.  Also, at this time Gen Khun Prayut Cha O Cha has been inspecting flooded provinces such as Changchasoe and Nakhon Ratchasima, as he needs to witness the devastation and crop destruction first hand. He has ordered the army to provide food, transport and shelter to the poor and needy.  

649624599_KhunPrayut4.PNG.83353373c7a3ef15e4c144705826a699.PNG

I think how smitten you are with your unwavering admiration for this guy is on the same level as same as that of all the New Generation Thai have their hard driven angst against him and his regime and elite cronies. I sort of admire it in an odd sense. In most any other circumstance I would like to be on the same thought level as you as it is a respectable quality. You certainly are entertaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Latest theory now is the emergency decree was dropped because they wanna release their hired dogs for the big protest on Saturday.

They can’t do that properly if the law states no more than 5 people. Do not underestimate what the people in charge here are willing to do to not concede even an inch. 

I’ve always said that a revolution will mean bloodshed. Me saying this didn’t really resonate with me as I didn’t think I’d ever live to see the day. It’s now dawning on me that I most likely will. And it’s depressing because it’s all utterly unnecessary. All because a few deplorables don’t care about anything but themselves. 

Now you win the 186 point Regime smoke and mirror banana. That is exactly why Pinocchio and his sidekicks did it. Bravo!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Excellent article, it is quite shameful that grown men try to intimidate school children and uni students who just want a better future for the country.

Hired labour, anything for a few Baht. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Hired labour, anything for a few Baht. 

Not my business... BUT Perhaps speculative hired help? But in any other course it is those with the hair cuts who have zero choice. Possibly conscripts on the moral majority? Who consequently hate the Regime. There is nothing to like about them and their hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

110%  ......   absolutely not. and why should he. 

Well he and all his regime cronies should respectably get out while their names are barely floating wallowing on the top of the mud sty before they sink or advance spilling innocent Thai blood. Honestly, him and his cronies have done an irreversible grave cut to all the 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Well he and all his regime cronies should respectably get out while their names are barely floating wallowing on the top of the mud sty before they sink or advance spilling innocent Thai blood. Honestly, him and his cronies have done an irreversible grave cut to all the 

Thai people and generations of Thai 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Not my business... BUT Perhaps speculative hired help? But in any other course it is those with the hair cuts who have zero choice. Possibly conscripts on the moral majority? Who consequently hate the Regime. There is nothing to like about them and their hypocrisy. 

I guess the majority of the yellows today are governmental office workers who were ordered by their superiors to counter the protests. The same applies for the conscripts. Many of them sympathize with the demonstrators.

BUT, dictatorships always have big resources of violent thugs, on which they can rely on. Sadists without empathy and without any ethics, who are willing to protect the totalitarian system and who do not hesitate to murder peaceful people. Also they surely get a gratification and a promotion after they have done their dirty "job". Such sadists combine their dirty character with their career.

In the current case, these guys might come from the same military schools and camps the generals came, and dream of a similar career. They are the same human scum as those who committed the massacres of 1973 and 1976.

Without such people, no dictatorship in the world would be able to exist.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I guess the majority of the yellows today are governmental office workers who were ordered by their superiors to counter the protests. The same applies for the conscripts. Many of them sympathize with the demonstrators.

BUT, dictatorships always have big resources of violent thugs, on which they can rely on. Sadists without empathy and without any ethics, who are willing to protect the totalitarian system and who do not hesitate to murder peaceful people. Also they surely get a gratification and a promotion after they have done their dirty "job". Such sadists combine their dirty character with their career.

In the current case, these guys might come from the same military schools and camps the generals came, and dream of a similar career. They are the same human scum as those who committed the massacres of 1973 and 1976.

Without such people, no dictatorship in the world would be able to exist.

Yes, I have a bit of a chuckle when it appears most of the yellow shirt counter protesters all have the standard issue military haircut.

9 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe not, I am going with @Crossy comment, there's a catch 22 somewhere, they always have a catch 22

I think you should revisit your understanding of the phrase catch 22.

Crossy did not say catch 22 he said there is a catch. Different.

• Like 1

This is a nice example of an "appointed" counter-rally :

https://www.thaienquirer.com/19895/senate-holds-rally-to-reaffirm-allegiance-to-crown-and-country/

A counter rally of appointed senile junta puppets. Parasites who serve no other purpose than steeling and wasting the taxpayers money, while denying any democratic participation of the taxpayers on the future of their country.

Such counter rallies definitely will boost the number of citizens joining the demonstrations for democracy. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Excellent article, it is quite shameful that grown men try to intimidate school children and uni students who just want a better future for the country.

Wow. Following into the links and the article on corpse desecration are reminders of just how thin the smile can be. It's like they live their lives suppressing their anger until something licenses its release. I have experienced this before on a personal level, but I have never seen what can be like at the level of the mob.

Very sobering.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

These protesters are a big problem for the current regime, because they are the children of the bulk of current regime supporters (the Bangkok middle and upper-middle class). In 2010, they had no problem about shooting at "buffalos". It's quite diffferent now.

Touch my kids you touch me, family comes first in Thailand whether they agree with what their kids are protesting about or not,I believe the government underestimated this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

These protesters are a big problem for the current regime, because they are the children of the bulk of current regime supporters (the Bangkok middle and upper-middle class). In 2010, they had no problem about shooting at "buffalos". It's quite diffferent now.

Agree that this is an important aspect in the current crisis. So, there is still hope.

For sure there are fights in the establishment going on just now, how to continue and how to react to the coming protests, after Prayut of course will not resign yet. Finally the most powerful people in the country will decide how to react, and, if necessary, against other members of the elite.

This coming reaction will depend on many questions. Are children of the leading generals directly involved in the protests, and/or children of the five most powerful families? How do they estimate the impact on the different options on their businesses, and on their future status in the elite? It is quite likely that the generals have different priorities than other members of the elite, so the tensions in the establishment will grow for sure. Nobody really can predict what will happen during the coming days.

I guess there will be numerous yellow agent provocateurs joining the next demonstrations. These thugs will be members of the police and the army, and they will start some brawlings. The police (rather than the army) will have the duty to react on this violence to "restore peace" and at the same time in a tough way to crack down the protests.

It will be sort of a role play between the yellow thugs and the police, and it will be a tough reaction of the police to make the situation look dramatic, albeit they will be trying to avoid fatalities among the protesters. This is to limit the tensions in the elite, as children of the elite take part in the protests, and to avoid a too severe impact on the economic interests of the rich families in the elite. Martial law will be declared for a few days after the crackdown.

During the following outcry in the days after the crackdown, Prayut will (be told to) resign. A civil government of national unity, probably under Anutin, will be appointed to appease the masses and the international community. Numerous promises will be made to appease the protesters further. A new constitution will be promised, protesters will be released from prison, and so on.

But later, not much will change. It will be the plan to change nothing. Therefore they will work for years on the new constitution and the promised reforms, without tangible results. The idea is just to reset the situation, to continue with their business as usual for the next couple of years.

But will the protesters accept this? Interesting times...

Just my prediction not a possible outcome. I might be completely wrong, though.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Impressive kids too. Whoever came up with these techniques is a genius. PR-aware and disciplined. If they end up hurting these kids world opinion will be outraged.

• Like 2