Extension of retirement O-A multiple Visa (with money on German account!)

Hi there, I got my retirement visa last year from Berlin, Germany.  

O-A, multiple entry. It will expire 30.November 2020. 
My equivalent of 800.000 baht is parked on my daily accessible account in Germany since over a year, I extended my Health insurance to cover me till 2022...

I got everything together for "normal" extending: Normally I would have been in Germany in summer or I would visit a neighbour country...  - but due to Covid I still cannot leave and COME BACK. 

Is there any possibility to do a border bounce without crossing the border in person within the time of 30th November - so I get another year, as I would normally get? 

Wich options do I have now? Thanks for help!  
Uli 

There is really no solution to your problem. It is not possible to get new one year entry from your visa without physically leaving and re-entering the country.

When does your current permit to stay (admitted until date on your arrival stamp) end?

On 10/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is really no solution to your problem. It is not possible to get new one year entry from your visa without physically leaving and re-entering the country.

When does your current permit to stay (admitted until date on your arrival stamp) end?

Edited by ubonjoe
Fixed quoting error

On 10/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you will need to apply for an annual extension prior to your current stamp "permission of stay" expires. However the 800k would need to be in Thai bank and be seasoned for 2 months.

An agent can "get around" the money issue. 

I wired the money to my Thai account now. I also checked out what an agency would take for solving the money issue (for one year): One agency here asked for 70.000 bt ! 

I cannot turn back time but I always had the money as requested ... let' s see what happens... 

2 minutes ago, Ulrike said:

I wired the money to my Thai account now. I also checked out what an agency would take for solving the money issue (for one year): One agency here asked for 70.000 bt ! 

I cannot turn back time but I always had the money as requested ... let' s see what happens... 

You already have the non O-A.

You only need agent for "money in bank".

You can obtain the insurance yourself.

Should be nothing like 70k baht. There are plenty of agents available.

39 minutes ago, Ulrike said:

You don't have much time to get things sorted out.

You may be able to get a 60 day extension to have the money in the bank for 2 months. Ask your local office about doing it and confirm they will do the one year extension near the end of the 60 days.

43 minutes ago, Ulrike said:

Hi,

It is not the 30 November Non Imm O-A Visa validity date that is relevant for the 1-year extension of stay application.  The important date is the permission to stay date as stamped into your passport by border-immigration when you last entered Thailand. 

When using the funds-in-bank method, you would need to have 800K seasoned for at least two months on a personal Thai bank-account (a joint one is not accepted) on the day of application.  The fact that you had the money on a German bank-account is irrelevant.

If the permission to stay date is less than two months from the date you plan to apply for the 1-year extension of stay (this can be done from 30 days before till last day of your permission to stay), your application when using that method will NOT be accepted.

You have four possible options:

1 - If you receive monthly foreign income in your home-country in excess of 65.000 THB (e.g. from pension, or from rental income, or other) you can apply at the German Embassy for an embassy income-letter stating such monthly foreign income, and then there is no need for parking funds on a Thai bank-account as your local IO will accept such statement.

2 - In case #1 is not possible, you could make use of a Fixer Agent to overcome the issue of your 800K being seasoned for less than the required two months.  Such a service would cost you somewhere between 14.000 and 25.000 THB.

3 - If you are married to a Thai national or have Thai dependent children, you could apply for the 1-year extension of stay for that reason.  In case of marriage only 400K is required (but that will probably not solve the issue in your case), but when you have Thai dependent children and apply for that reason the 400K only needs to be on your personal Thai bank-account at the date of application.

4 - As UJ just posted > Talk with your local IO whether they would be willing to extend your permission to stay in order for you to season the money for the required two months.

On top of the above you would need to show a Thai IO-approved health-insurance policy when applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement.  The LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy is the cheapest 'throw-away' insurance that meets th requirements and the annual premium is 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years of age.  That policy also has the advantage that it does not require a medical exam to subcribe to it.

>> I did PM you a Guideline document on how to subscribe to that policy with tips & caveats.  If you make use of an Agent you could ask the agent also to 'fix' this for you. But cost for fixing should obviously be lower than what you would pay when subscribing to the LMG Insurance policy.

> In order to access your PM-messages just click the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1