Meatball vendor killed in car accident, driver flees scene

webfact

Something smells here.  The above picture and story have been published by Khaosod but the perp's name - Police Captain Akarawin Taechaubol, has NOT been mentioned, yet, in either of the main English language papers.  That's not all.  Earlier today, I posted as a "related topic" the question of omission of the entire story in Bangkok Post, and my post got moderated out.  This latest rich kid atrocity looks like a potential Red Bull - Part 2 epic, with one difference...  Is the story being covered up by order from above?

• Like 1

Yes, this story is being, I'm not sure what the right word is, maybe avoided or suppressed?

Wealthier and much higher status people have had to suffer public humiliation for their road-murders, just look at Praewa, and she is one step below "the institution".

Not sure what's going on here? 

Thai social media should be alight with comments.

100k bail for killing someone in a hit and run. 100k bail for writing nasty words about a hotel online.

If I were skeptical person, I'd say that hurting the feelings of a wealthier person and making them lose face was a more serious crime than killing someone who is poor. But of course that can't be true, right?