Position of new immigration minister regards foreigners living in Thailand on ret visas .

NON-O is issued by the Immigration Department and they have the authority to turn that into an annual immigration visa. Most farangs that I know and are married to a Thai use this visa. there are no age restrictions as far as I'm aware and I know one sub 50 year old who got an ME from Savannaket last year after they stopped issuing the MEs elsewhere.

NON-O-A is issued by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and is issued to 50+ year olds. 

Edited by tso310
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

Exactly be a Boy Scout and Be Prepared . How the H do we know But wait I do have an afternoon appointment with them next week for tea and cakes. 

My Oiuji board told to go and get Fked

old coots.jpg

I hope they have there work permits.  Giving advice is a Thai job however.

I was at Bangkok Imm. 9 months ago I changed banks they told me when I changed banks my retirement visa was canceled and they wanted 40000 baht for overstay . We talked a lot and I left with my visa and didn't pay .Has anyone ever been told if you change banks visa is canceled.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, muffy said:

I was at Bangkok Imm. 9 months ago I changed banks they told me when I changed banks my retirement visa was canceled and they wanted 40000 baht for overstay . We talked a lot and I left with my visa and didn't pay .Has anyone ever been told if you change banks visa is canceled.

22 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

To be fair to Thailand teh requirments are far easier than many countires

Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines all way way easier.

What Asian countries do you know where the requirements are harder?

Back to the OP,

CM Immigration has become easier the past few months, (I can't speak for other offices) what it'll be like after the amnesty ends, and when they allow Chinese back in is anyone's guess.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, muffy said:

Your other thread on this subject is here:-

25 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

Exactly be a Boy Scout and Be Prepared . How the H do we know But wait I do have an afternoon appointment with them next week for tea and cakes. 

My Oiuji board told to go and get Fked

old coots.jpg

By the look of it they need to do a spellcheck first ????

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines all way way easier.

What Asian countries do you know where the requirements are harder?

When i was married whit Filipina i not even entrance in coundry where tourist herd entrance! I go where citizen going same really short and fast line!

Just now, 2 is 1 said:

When i was married whit Filipina i not even entrance in coundry where tourist herd entrance! I go where citizen going same really short and fast line!

Didn't matter, they always had a special desk for the over 60's, no waiting, straight through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A post discussing moderation has been removed.

But please feel free to quote my post.

You were not to know our dog Dorhu was castrated three days ago, the result of mixing with too many lady dogs with an STD virus. Resulting in two tumors. The vet said better to do it, as he would only go out and get re-infected. Both Dorhu and my wallet are hurting.

Where was I? Oh yes, the new immigration minister. Here's a couple of suggestions for him:

Remove the TM30 for retirement visas. Most of us dodge it by getting our wives and GF's to register at hotels anyway.

Get rid of 90 day reports for retirees. We all either are in property we have bought, or are on long-term leases. Once a year, with the extension, or when changing address, should be enough.

Dorhu is sleeping now, I think he has PTSD. He's not getting balls back of any description.

IMG20201023141634.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's already gone, you only need a TM30 after you've moved your main home permanently.

I wasn't aware of that, a friend of mine was asked for a copy of his passport at a hotel up here. Or was that just to make sure he did not leave without paying?