Advice on mortgage/property loan for Thai working abroad

As per the title really,

I am a half Thai (with Thai ID card/passport), working in the UK into a UK bank account (albeit remotely). I am wondering if anyone knows a Thai lender who would take into account my income from my UK accounts/credit score. As things stand I don't really have any kind of credit rating in Thailand, and I wouldn't want to ask anyone to be a guarantor. I'm looking to purchase either a house or condo.

Failing that, would there be any way to build some kind of credit history or income history that the lenders would recognise? ie transferring a set amount from my UK to Thai bank account every month?

I have enough capital to purchase a house/condo within my budget but would much rather take out a short term mortgage just to trickle away in the background.

Any advice or word of experience would be appreciated

Maybe approach the UK branch of a Thai bank with an office in the UK, like Bangkok Bank, or a UK bank with a branch in Thailand, like Standard Chartered. They could possible arrange something with UK income and mortgage servicing a Thai property

• Thanks 1

I have started the process with this company, my Thai wife and I live overseas but buying in Thailand.

Note that the rates are not as good, and it probably takes about 2 months before your can get the approval.

We currently have the approval via them, but haven't made a purchase.

• Thanks 1