Isaan province considers reopening Laos border for trade

webfact

Isaan province considers reopening Laos border for trade

By THE NATION

800_ca523b84e102c77.jpg?v=1603349760

The Northeast province of Loei is considering reopening its border with Laos now that the risk of Covid-19 infections has eased.

On Thursday, provincial governor Tawatchai Niamsiri met local officers and public health officials at Loei’s public health office.

At the meeting, Dr Preeda Worahan from the public health office said only five Covid-19 patients had been found in the province and the 266 Myanmar migrants currently working there had been tested for the virus.

The officials said they aim to reopen the Bannkhokphai checkpoint in Pak Chom district so border trade with Laos can be restarted. This border has been closed since late March due to Covid-19.

Officials, however, said the reopening should be done under the supervision of soldiers and police, while the movement of migrants should be strictly monitored.

The subject of reopening the border will be studied again next Monday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396605

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-22

6 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Why bother with the river port? How about re-opening nearby Tha Li (Nakraseng) so trucks can cross? 

When i have cross there has been really fast. Even last time my Laos visa cost much more what should ! And yeah i "trade" fake marlboro lol