Last week in the Consular team #9

2 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

If you would like us to cover any other areas that you're interested in, please let us know.

Perhaps if you have time, a case history of what was entailed on a deportation, or a medical repatriation, for example.

I would like the British Consulate to explain why the holder of a BN(O) from HK only has to show means of financial support for 6 months whereas I, a British Citizen born in UK married to a Thai for 20 years, has to show income of 18,600 stg for 5 years if I wish to settle back in UK with my wife.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

I would like the British Consulate to explain why the holder of a BN(O) from HK only has to show means of financial support for 6 months whereas I, a British Citizen born in UK married to a Thai for 20 years, has to show income of 18,600 stg for 5 years if I wish to settle back in UK with my wife.

You should contact UKVI and/or the relevant government department (FCO I think).  It has nothing to do with the British Consulate in Thailand.

3 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Not expecting an answer, but a similar gripe......why were all the Nepalese wives of British soldiers serving abroad given automatic ILR whilst all the Nepalese wives of Crown Servants, serving abroad were refused?

Just had to get that off my chest.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You should contact UKVI and/or the relevant government department (FCO I think).  It has nothing to do with the British Consulate in Thailand.

Just to confirm brewsterbudgen's good advice, UKVI are the people to contact if you have a query about UK immigration policy, yes.  The Consular team in Bangkok do not work in that area. But note that UKVI are a part of the Home Office rather than the FCDO. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, British Consular Team said:

Just to confirm brewsterbudgen's good advice, UKVI are the people to contact if you have a query about UK immigration policy, yes.  The Consular team in Bangkok do not work in that area. But note that UKVI are a part of the Home Office rather than the FCDO. 

Thank you for the advice, I shall write to them.

• Like 1