new number plates

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't like to give the cops any reason for me to hand over any money to them. that's why.   

See many brand new cars with black removed on purpose to avoid cameras. So why bother. 😀❤🇹🇭

I recently lost my front plate going through deeper water than normal. I had to get a police report to take to DLT but I doubt if you would as you have the old plates. I think it was 105 for the plate

On 10/22/2020 at 8:21 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

See many brand new cars with black removed on purpose to avoid cameras.

So why bother.

😀🇹🇭

Yes.  Seen many with black paint removed. Wonder whether the BiB will fined them ?

• Haha 1

I needed new plates for my bike for a different reason - change of province and owner. I changed ownership to myself and changed the province from Chiang Mai to Korat at the main DLT office in Korat on a Wednesday and was told to come back on Friday for the new plates - I did and they were ready.

Fair enough its a different reason but I can't think of any reason (other than corona) why it should take 8 weeks to get new plates.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I needed new plates for my bike for a different reason - change of province and owner. I changed ownership to myself and changed the province from Chiang Mai to Korat at the main DLT office in Korat on a Wednesday and was told to come back on Friday for the new plates - I did and they were ready.

Fair enough its a different reason but I can't think of any reason (other than corona) why it should take 8 weeks to get new plates.

The plates will have to be re-made, this takes time.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, Techno Viking said:

Banglamung LTD.

cost is Bt.200 and will take 30 days.

Take faded plates and book.

remove the plates yourself and give them ? so it means driving without plates ?

Not that i respect any law, but I already have enough problems to avoid to try to be pro active about this one...

4 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

The plates will have to be re-made, this takes time.

Clearly you don't understand what happens when you register a vehicle in a different province. Your old plates are replaced with a new number and contain the name of the new province. In my case, the bike was registered in Chiang Mai - when I bought it and applied to change ownership, the plates were changed to Nakhon Ratchasima plates. I repeat, I applied on a Wednesday and received my new plates on the Friday.

12 minutes ago, SePl said:

remove the plates yourself and give them ? so it means driving without plates ?

Not that i respect any law, but I already have enough problems to avoid to try to be pro active about this one...

I too respect the law and remove the plates once at the transport department.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Clearly you don't understand what happens when you register a vehicle in a different province. Your old plates are replaced with a new number and contain the name of the new province. In my case, the bike was registered in Chiang Mai - when I bought it and applied to change ownership, the plates were changed to Nakhon Ratchasima plates. I repeat, I applied on a Wednesday and received my new plates on the Friday.

Yeah thats why you get the plate quick but if you getting a replacement plate due to damage/lost/faded etc etc they will have to order that plate to be made, thats why it takes a few weeks.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Yeah thats why you get the plate quick but if you getting a replacement plate due to damage/lost/faded etc etc they will have to order that plate to be made, thats why it takes a few weeks.

I was told that the reason I had to wait until the Friday to get my new plates was because they had to be made.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

I too respect the law and remove the plates once at the transport department.

yes but what happens when you are waiting 7 weeks after they take your old plates?

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I was told that the reason I had to wait until the Friday to get my new plates was because they had to be made.

I just had a "lost" [late repacked in Chiang Mai, it took 2 weeks to get new one. 

11 hours ago, SePl said:

yes but what happens when you are waiting 7 weeks after they take your old plates?

You get a receipt to show police if you are stopped for no plate.

• Like 1