Jump to content

Chiang Mai marriage extension report


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello chaps. Writing this on my phone. Apologies for typos and grammar.   Just to report I've successfully applied for my marriage extension today at Chiang Mai immigration, the one by the a

Hark the benefit of occasional passbook updates. It has been mention on TV before that routine updates prevent issues like the OP encountered. 

New paperwork in CM for this year, full copy of passport. That's about 20 extra pages (x2) for me. Application form up from 1 page to 3 pages (x2)   My Non-Os from Saigon were 4 pa

3 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Why the need for the children's birth certificates if you're applying for a marriage extension? Just not necessary I think. 

Agree. 

Strangely I read in another thread the exact same thing. Not sure if it was CM.

Surely not necessary.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Why the need for the children's birth certificates if you're applying for a marriage extension? Just not necessary I think. 

Some want them as further proof the marriage is real.

One office waived the home visit or witnesses if the couple had children.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Hark the benefit of occasional passbook updates. It has been mention on TV before that routine updates prevent issues like the OP encountered. 

Yes, I have put a reminder on my phone,  the book is removed from the safe and joins me on my next trip to the bank. Had to change it from 3 months before Ext renewal to be every 3 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

New paperwork in CM for this year, full copy of passport.

That's about 20 extra pages (x2) for me.

Application form up from 1 page to 3 pages (x2)

 

My Non-Os from Saigon were 4 pages in total.

New paperwork in CM for this year, full copy of passport.

That's about 20 extra pages (x2) for me.

 

Get a new passport to save a few pieces of paper😀

 

What are the extra application pages?

 

I've only ever had a two page TM 7 form, which I've always printed, front and back on a single sheet of paper. I've also saved the form in a folder so only have to change the date each year. Hardly a hassle.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

New paperwork in CM for this year, full copy of passport.

Been the same for me every year. When I get my new extension i just add it the file i have saved then print it out when preparing for my application.

 

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My Non-Os from Saigon were 4 pages in total.

That is Ok if you don't mind having to leave the country every 90 days and then make a trip out of the country to apply for a new visa every year.

I prefer one visi a year to apply for my extension with all the assorted paperwork to do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not as hard to do as some people try to say it is.

I am on my 13th extension based upon marriage and can say it is not all that difficult.

About the same paperwork every year. Just make fresh copies of them. I have everything saved in a folder and just print them out. The Kor Ror 2 and the financial proof are the only things that have to be new every year.

I agree UJ, it's not hard, but a lot of it seems overkill and you can get sent away for what is considered

something really minor.

 

I still can't get over a hand drawn map and having to copy in duplicate every page of your passport.

I'm up to 55 pages (inc copies) and haven't finished yet.

 

I'm up in Chiang Rai so doing a border hop every 90 days was OK for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm up in Chiang Rai so doing a border hop every 90 days was OK for me.

I'm in Chiang Mai, flight to Saigon/Da Nang/Hanoi was 1,200bht each way, and I enjoyed the little holidays.

All finished now, who would have guessed this time last year.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not as hard to do as some people try to say it is.

I am on my 13th extension based upon marriage and can say it is not all that difficult.

About the same paperwork every year. Just make fresh copies of them. I have everything saved in a folder and just print them out. The Kor Ror 2 and the financial proof are the only things that have to be new every year.

Joe, me 25+  years and it may look easy, but every single year they surprise me with something new. It depends on the person you are dealing with and the volunteers in the front (some years these friendly students have nu clue) As I have company I even need more paperwork than mentioned above if I use my salary instead of my 400.000 baht account than you can add even more paperwork. They keep all your records in Mae Rim. I must have a pallet worth of paperwork in storage. But then again the rules are not the same as when I started 25 years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...