Chiang Mai marriage extension report

Yupe, the volunteers at the front will hand you the forms. Quite a few forms, I don't know how to identify them but you'll get the right ones. Yes, blue pen is the colour they are looking for.

Passport - yes every stamped page, etc. Of course, leave the blank pages....

Kor ror 2, like someone said above, is to confirm you're (still) married. You need to have registered your marriage before at the local Thai embassy or something.

Kids.... your case is unique. Have you registered them as Thais? Otherwise, maybe don't ask, don't tell?

The map must be hand drawn. Note, you must draw it on the form they provide for that purpose, not some random A4 like I made the mistake of doing previously. I guess you can take a well known landmark near you and work your way in. Mine's the Government centre on the road to Mae Rim, so I took that as the starting point. Otherwise, take a look at Google maps and sort of trace it to look like you've drawn it. Happily, you can photocopy your art as the second page.

The letter from the bank I got a day before. I woke up early and updated my bank book before heading to immigration. Make sure you have a look and don't get caught out like I did.

Cheers and good luck!

• Like 1

Something that might save a bit of time  at immigration is when making the 2 copies of everything I used to stack the copies all together in 1 pile ,not a good idea now I make 2  piles of the copies ,less work for the officer  anything to keep them happy.

CM immigration ........... arrrrrrgggggggggg!

Went for a 1 year family extension, had the list they gave me, had copies of everything on the list prepared.

At the ticket counter ......

Map no good, has to be on our paper x2, can I stick my map on your paper, no draw it again now x2. (GPS co-ords not required)

(Why didn't they give me their 'map form' when I collected the list and 4x forms?)

At the family desk .......

All the passport page copies NOT directly related to my current application filed in the bin (10 pages x2).

Where is the copy of your kids hospital notification of birth? Not on the list so I haven't got it.

(Bring it next year)

Another form to sign after questioning from the family officer ........

How long have you been in Thailand? (age of my kid + 9 months)

How much is your monthly income (why do you need to know, I have 400k in the bank).

How much do you spend every month?

What are your mother and father names ...... (why?)

At least it was quick, in and out in 90 minutes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

CM immigration ........... arrrrrrgggggggggg!

Went for a 1 year family extension, had the list they gave me, had copies of everything on the list prepared.

At the ticket counter ......

Map no good, has to be on our paper x2, can I stick my map on your paper, no draw it again now x2. (GPS co-ords not required)

(Why didn't they give me their 'map form' when I collected the list and 4x forms?)

At the family desk .......

All the passport page copies NOT directly related to my current application filed in the bin (10 pages x2).

Where is the copy of your kids hospital notification of birth? Not on the list so I haven't got it.

(Bring it next year)

Another form to sign after questioning from the family officer ........

How long have you been in Thailand? (age of my kid + 9 months)

How much is your monthly income (why do you need to know, I have 400k in the bank).

How much do you spend every month?

What are your mother and father names ...... (why?)

At least it was quick, in and out in 90 minutes.

Ya, I'll be going about 1.5 weeks before I can submit paperwork (seasoning money) for the "latest" set of paperwork requirements.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1