Vaccines Not Looking Good...Only 30% Efficacy

In a sobering essay, BMJ [British Medical Journal] editor Peter Doshi says those hoping for a breakthrough to end the pandemic would be disappointed...

None of the trials of COVID-19 candidate vaccines can detect a reduction in serious outcomes such as hospitalization or death. Associate editor Peter Doshi warned that not even phase 3 trials under way in the race for a vaccine can prove their product will prevent people contracting COVID-19. Doshi said some vaccines [will] likely reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by only 30%.

https://www.rappler.com/science/life-health/vaccine-trials-cannot-detect-virus-risk-reduction

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one has done more to help others in poorer countries than Bill Gates $93 Billion of his own money dedicated to others. You people are absolute roasters claiming there is some spurious ludicrou

Personally,  I am very fortunate not to live every day waking up to Covid panic.   Last year 3 nice men in clean white shirts came to my door and handed my some brochures .  They assured me

One day someone will count how many extra people died of heart disease and stroke as a result of these insane lock downs that caused people to reduce their exercise and gain weight.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Isn't that ZERO% efficiency?

I guess what the author means is that those who get sick enough to require hospitalization, about 20%, will continue to require it whether they take the vaccine or not. As it is now, 80% don't require it and 40-50% of those infected are asymptomatic (and 40% have mild symptoms and can quarantine and treat at home).

• Like 1

Another 27 pages of "the facts say this'"       "NO,  the facts say that " 

well,  more chance to sell bathing suits and skin creams.

go to it boys.... and gals

• Haha 2
Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

Also he makes the point that the trials are not even being made on the most vulnerable populations...presumably those who need the vaccine most.

You don't want to kill anyone in the 'trials' stage.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You don't want to kill anyone in the 'trials' stage.

Phase 3 trials are specifically to test for efficacy...phase 1 and 2 test for safety, dosage, etc. That's why they involve 30-40k people...because they've already been deemed safe...now they want to see if they actually work under real world conditions and not in a small scale laboratory setting.

• Like 1
Just now, BritManToo said:

Thalidomide must have slipped through the cracks.

Thalidomide is a drug, given to sick people, not a vaccine given to healthy people. The standards are different.

• Like 2