Jump to content

Vaccines Not Looking Good...Only 30% Efficacy


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Brutes numbers again ? Ok :

We should not put 99% people in misery and lockdown (diverses freedom privation) for the benefit (a few more years to live with pre-existing conditions for most cases) of 1% !

Follow what Taiwan did.  2 week lockdown for a small part of the population, masks, social distancing, contract tracing...and they are back to normal.  Not sure why other countries don't get it.  Or, CV19 deniers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one has done more to help others in poorer countries than Bill Gates $93 Billion of his own money dedicated to others. You people are absolute roasters claiming there is some spurious ludicrou

Personally,  I am very fortunate not to live every day waking up to Covid panic.   Last year 3 nice men in clean white shirts came to my door and handed my some brochures .  They assured me

One day someone will count how many extra people died of heart disease and stroke as a result of these insane lock downs that caused people to reduce their exercise and gain weight.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

If you think about the concept of "vaccine" logically it is ludicrous to take a perfectly healthy person and inject a foreign substance into the body in the name of health.  It simply sucks the vitality and life out of you while the body attempts to erradicate the toxins leaving your body in a depleted state.  

It's extraordinary that any children survive their childhood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The author of the article cited, Peter Doshi, is also sceptical of flu vaccines

http://theorcpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/John-Hopkins-Study.pdf

Yes, Doshi points out in the article that despite wider uptake of the annual influenza vaccine over the years, the number of deaths per year is relatively constant. If I understand his argument, it's similar to the one he's making about the current round of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine trials...that they aren't being tested enough on people who are most susceptible to serious outcomes if they get the virus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes, Doshi points out in the article that despite wider uptake of the annual influenza vaccine over the years, the number of deaths per year is relatively constant. If I understand his argument, it's similar to the one he's making about the current round of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine trials...that they aren't being tested enough on people who are most susceptible to serious outcomes if they get the virus. 

First off, whatever the article did say, it did not say 

"Vaccines Not Looking Good...Only 30% Efficacy"

Here's what it did say on that score:

"In a sobering essay, Doshi said those hoping for a breakthrough to end the pandemic would be disappointed, with some vaccines likely to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by only 30%."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

with some vaccines likely to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by only 30%

Yes, that's what 30% efficacy means...if you take the vaccine and are exposed to an infectious dose of the virus, you're 70% likely to get it and 30% not. I also posted the link to the original BMJ article, which I have read, for anyone who wanted to review the primary source material.

 

Do you have a "second off"?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mark Nothing said:

If you think about the concept of "vaccine" logically it is ludicrous to take a perfectly healthy person and inject a foreign substance into the body in the name of health.  It simply sucks the vitality and life out of you while the body attempts to erradicate the toxins leaving your body in a depleted state.  

 

Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

 

Vaccines seemed to have worked very well in the past

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 7:05 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Thalidomide is a drug, given to sick people, not a vaccine given to healthy people. The standards are different.

Absolute rubbish..Thalidomide was given to pregnant women in the 50s to prevent morning sickness which had dreadful side effects on their children

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes, that's what 30% efficacy means...if you take the vaccine and are exposed to an infectious dose of the virus, you're 70% likely to get it and 30% not. I also posted the link to the original BMJ article, which I have read, for anyone who wanted to review the primary source material.

 

Do you have a "second off"?

Do you understand what it means when he writes "some vaccines"? That it doesn't mean the same thing as all vaccines?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am never going to take an mRNA vaccine. I am not at risk and Covid isn't dangerous enough to justify the lockdowns we have seen.

 

I believe that Sweden exists and managed to get on with life without trashing their economy. 

 

We need to hold the Covid promoters to account, with life jail sentences and stiffer penalties.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

I am never going to take an mRNA vaccine.

Has anyone seen an explanation of the supposed advantages of mRNA vaccines? (I'm wary of them too.)

 

35 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

I believe that Sweden exists and managed to get on with life without trashing their economy. 

New Zealand (with 25 deaths) has done far better than Sweden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nout said:

Absolute rubbish..Thalidomide was given to pregnant women in the 50s to prevent morning sickness which had dreadful side effects on their children

Drugs and vaccines are both therapies given to treat/prevent adverse medical conditions, and are throughly tested for safety before being used. However, drugs are generally given to already sick people and vaccines are given to healthy people to prevent illness/disease. The standards and ethics of using them are different for this reason. The experience with Thalidomide (drug) demonstrates why thorough safety testing is necessary before any Covid-19 vaccine is approved.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...