"I'm 83, I don't give a sod"; UK pensioner sums up frustration with new COVID curbs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She lives in Barnsley.   If you lived in Barnsley death would be an option worth considering.

that 30 year old with asthma may do whatever he see fit, while the rest of the world carry on trying to put food on the table

She's not right at all. She's just been used to highlight the failure of of the British authorities to control the ignorant and selfish who expect their freedoms to be uncompromised. It's one reason w

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Well said and agree completely.

But unfortunately this thread has somewhat deteriorated in an Us versus Them discussion (the younger generation vs the old gits), which is entirely besides the point.

Finding a middle ground between protecting the vulnerable while allowing the rest of us to go on with our lives does not have to be a challenge, but we need to get rid of the hysteria currently governing decisions. 

Some seem to forget that a life completely void of risk is not worth living...

'the younger generation vs the old gits' maybe your own prejudices are showing.

Shouldn't it be 'younger <deleted> v old gits' or just young v old.

2 hours ago, donnacha said:

I genuinely have no idea how you got there.

Sorry, but I appear to have misunderstood what you were saying, or responded to the wrong poster, or it could be the "new" format confused me. Being old and near death ( sarcasm alert ) I can't take change easily, and get confused frequently- it's a wonder I can put my pants on the right way around. 🙂

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

She has a right to that POV but she doesn't have a right to project that to all people that are at risk. For example, a 30 year with asthma that statistically most certainly does have multiple decades left of life span under normal circumstances.

What does POV mean? Come on now Jingthing, Is this you getting to be like these posters who think they are texting?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What does POV mean? Come on now Jingthing, Is this you getting to be like these posters who think they are texting?

Point

Of

View

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, elliss said:

Three score and ten , it says in the good book ..

Does that also apply to people who don't follow that religion?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If you type XXX POV in your google browser, you will get a wealth of graphic examples what it means... 🤩

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you type XXX POV in your google browser, you will get a wealth of graphic examples what it means... 🤩

finally a useful link to advice how to cope with covid19

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, but I am getting fed up with posters using initials much of the time, they are either poor typists, or just plain lazy, I don't mind the obvious ones, or anyone using initials where the words were already used in that topic.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, alien365 said:

My grandparents at 87 & 89 completely agree with this woman. Being stuck at home during their remaining years, not allowed contact with friends or family, is not considered living to them. 

My 87 year old aunt does not agree with this woman.  She cannot because she died from Covid in April 2020.