Editing Function Seems to Have Disappeared.

placeholder

the last 2-3 major versions of IPB have been dog poo.

people don't want "activity streams" and other nonsense.

search function became useless, among other things., for example the mobile version.

an increasing number of people read the forum on small screens? no problem, let's waste screen with more white space.

but IPB - now "invision community", because we all need useless but hip rebrandings, aren't the only ones degrading their user interface - the new facebook is completely terrible too.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2

Like others. I have lost the option to edit my posts. I have tried clicking on thr three dots at the top right of the page (as already suggested by a Moderator and others) but the only option s that that gives me is "Report" or "Share" Any other way to get round this? If I press "Quote" all I get is a repeat of the post I am trying to edit!

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

Like others. I have lost the option to edit my posts. I have tried clicking on thr three dots at the top right of the page (as already suggested by a Moderator and others) but the only option s that that gives me is "Report" or "Share" Any other way to get round this? If I press "Quote" all I get is a repeat of the post I am trying to edit!

Apparently the amount of time you have to do a edit is short. When it times out you lose the ability to edit.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently the amount of time you have to do a edit is short. When it times out you lose the ability to edit.

Thanks Joe, I have edited posts many time before, so they must have reduced the time by a significant amount. 

Another problem I have is that the automatic spell check funcyion doesn't seem to be working either! Any advice on that one? 

(P.S. Have just tried editing this post and the option to edit is there (but for how long, I don't know!)  

Edited by sambum

1 minute ago, sambum said:

Thanks Joe, I have edited posts many time before, so they must have reduced the time by a significant amount.

Another problem I have is that the automatic spell check funcyion doesn't seem to be working either! Any advice on that one?   

Download LT spell and grammar check, it's excellent....