Govt’s first priority is economic recovery, not charter change, says energy minister

webfact

Spam alert...

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

This guy is absolutely correct as I have said all along. The Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is not in the least bit occupied by the students who would be better of at home studying for a good education. 

Gen Khun Prayut's priority is the economy and getting Thailand up and running. These protests are nothing more that a bump on the road hence he and the Thai people are more focused on jobs, jobs, jobs.

Lets not hinder the road to recovery by blocking roads and taking up valuable resources which are needed for real emergencies and not a weekly crowd chanting exercise.

Well don Gen Khun Pray Chan O Cha for your work and recent trips to the north and flood ravaged regions in the east. Food, transport and aid have been sent to all regions affected to help the needy and poor. 

prayut2.PNG.4fb09e44f7a046b61c08e7ab36c2e1d5.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Oddly enough, the stability of Yingluck's government wasn't such a high priority for his buddies.

Yingluck's government  was a kleptocracy, which is what all Thai governments so far have ended up being eventually. Be careful that the new boss is not the same as the old boss, though it is beyond my pay grade to guess how to prevent just that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Just get the Baht down.

I was just going to right your comment off as a complaint about the high cost of beer.  But when I thought about it, the high baht is a hindrance to trade and tourism they keep harping about.   Tourism would fuel the recovery if visas were more in line with Vietnam and Malaysia, and if things were cheaper.   Maybe the high Baht is giving all those in government big face.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that though the new generation is prioritising charter amendments and democracy, they should understand that the country’s priority now is economic recovery and people’s safety.

In other words, come Monday / Tuesday, parliament is going to be a sham.

• Like 1

I will never be the right time for the government to change~in their eyes.  Economic recovery would be accelerated by the proposed changes by the students and others have proposed~it's a win win, unless you are in the corruption game.

• Like 1