Expat in Koh Samui Prison on drug charges, nearly $3,000 raised to get her out

2 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

This stinks why did the Police think to raid her place?

Those of us been in Thailand longer than a few weeks know, but it would be speculation to post it, so I won't.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The package was intended for someone else. As it's written on it. Let's not engage in wrongful arrests. That's a criminal offence these days.  The fact that she signed it simply proves that the p

Seems you just discovered the weak spot in her case. Some of us actually know what farang teachers get paid. Wonder if she's got a work permit for the restaurant? Obviously the cops k

My next load of crack cocaine I will have delivered to my house in someone else's name...if in the event it is detected I am innocent as wasn't my name on the package...life's not that simple...

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, varun said:

Unfortunate, but very idiotic to sign for & open a parcel that's not addressed to you,

especially if you have no idea what is inside - former boss or not.

She could have just rejected the parcel and refused to sign.

Very convenient that the BiB showed up right after - definitely more to this story.

The OP didn't say she opened the parcel, and I've signed for parcels delivered for someone not there at the time.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Is there some way a girl of 19 can be a teacher? If she has been in Thailand for 2 years and is now 21 it implies that she became a teacher when she was 19. I thought teachers needed degrees.

I wonder if she has a work permit to start her business and work as a teacher......and what is a teacher doing opening mail. And who is her boss.....presumably if she started the Hot in the Biscuit, she is her own boss. So is this a boss from her teaching job? Is her boss in jail as well? Did he work at the same school/cafe?

Something doesn't smell right. But poor girl, I would not like to be in her shoes right now. 

From the OP

She signed for the package, but didn’t open it and set it aside.

:jap:

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I would think there is more details to the story, than the article and Go Fund Me-page reveals...🤔

Yeah, the other article says she was "backpacking" around and then started working in a bar, where the package was delivered. No mention of a restaurant.

I always keep in mind that GoFundMe's are meant to tug the heartstrings so that people will give more generously. Which could result in stories being "modified" to make them more presentable. Especially those that may not know what it's like in Thailand.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

The package was intended for someone else. As it's written on it. Let's not engage in wrongful arrests. That's a criminal offence these days. 

The fact that she signed it simply proves that the package got delivered. That's all. It's very unfortunate that the coppers are mentally challenged over here. 

not going through the whole thing now to see if anybody else caught it, apparently the $30,000 goal was reached as of the 21st. .

go fund me.png

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My pals in the UK (cocaine drug dealers) always used to operate deliveries like this (Red Star Parcels).

Package delivered to your address with another person's name on, put on the side for a week, then open if they weren't raided.

Gave them plausible deniability, police stakeouts could only afford to wait 3 days

True, many packages are shipped through normal mail like this, correct address but alias or other recipient name.

In most countries this would get you ff the hook with a good lawyer... but TIT.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Teachers at an international school can earn more than 100K a month.

At 19 years old with therefore almost certainly no degree and therefore no work permit?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Teachers at an international school can earn more than 100K a month.

not at nineteen years old they don't

• Like 1
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems you just discovered the weak spot in her case.

Some of us actually know what farang teachers get paid.

Wonder if she's got a work permit for the restaurant?

Obviously the cops knew the drugs had been delivered ( they don't go around raiding restaurants on the off chance of finding parcels with drugs ).

Seems she was set up. I could speculate on the obvious reason, but that would be a conspiracy theory, so won't.

Yes indeed, a possible set up - the thought came immediately to my mind.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How do open a restaurant being on a teachers salary for 2 years?

2 plastic chair + table + som tam cup. 500 bth!

• Haha 2