With time running out, Trump to go on offensive at debate in bid to catch Biden

webfact

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
30 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Are you implying he actually has another mode?  You're going to have to post some pretty convincing links to back up that one!  :clap2:

He plays a lot of golf, and cheats at it. Will that do?

Ok.

And then there's partying with Epstein mode.

I've seen clips of DT dancing on stage at his rallies.  Do they put dollar bills in his waistband?  That's a lot of circumference!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Ok.

And then there's partying with Epstein mode.

I've seen clips of DT dancing on stage at his rallies.  Do they put dollar bills in his waistband?  That's a lot of circumference!

Please, spare me the mental image. At least when Sharapova said she played at Roland Garros like a cow on roller skates, I could focus on something attractive.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes. Had the Dems put up a decent candidate at the primaries, the polls would be showing a double digit lead for the Dem candidate, instead of something within the margin of error.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans each have a base support of approximately 40% of the vote, that is 40% who will always vote Democrat and 40 % who will always vote Republican.

Around 5% of voters always return an uncommitted response to questioning their voter intention, and likely don’t always vote.

In any election the result is therefore decided by the 15% swing voters.

Biden has a 10% lead, the absolute best he could achieve is around 15%, we’ll find out on the day.

Nothing Trump has said or done during his campaign suggests he is even aware that he needs to appeal to the swing voters.

Again, we’ll find out on the day.

• Like 2

This was all just entertainment for the Americans who has already voted.  There are states, such as Oregon and Colorado, where they have no polls: if registered you get a ballot in the mail and you then mail it in or drop it at a designated drop-box. 

In Brazil all citizens are required to vote.  I don't know what the punishment is, probably a fine, but the people I knew when I lived there certainly took it seriously.  I think the US should do the same.  Then there is Thailand's law (!) where if the voter turnout is less than a certain percentage the results are void.  I really like that idea.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

trump and supporters keep going on about the 'radical left' / far left', yet from a Western European POV never observed such policy platform commentary from the Dems, nor from their online policies. Out of curiosity, in US culture, what are the main policies that define 'radical left' / far left'?

I'd say a Labor government in Australia would fit the far left definition in the US.

It's a matter of public record most reforms there have been introduced by Labor, the conservative side of politics either tries to dismantle them, or preserves the status quo.

47 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Both the Democrats and the Republicans each have a base support of approximately 40% of the vote, that is 40% who will always vote Democrat and 40 % who will always vote Republican.

Around 5% of voters always return an uncommitted response to questioning their voter intention, and likely don’t always vote.

In any election the result is therefore decided by the 15% swing voters.

Biden has a 10% lead, the absolute best he could achieve is around 15%, we’ll find out on the day.

Nothing Trump has said or done during his campaign suggests he is even aware that he needs to appeal to the swing voters.

Again, we’ll find out on the day.

Overall, 34% of registered voters identify as independents, 33% as Democrats and 29% as Republicans.

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If anyone has cognitive decline, it is Trump. It only takes a bit of analysis of his Twitter posts, many border on incoherent. Although he does know how to use the all caps function, muscle memory perhaps.

Covfefe anyone? LOL

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Watched the "debate". Another waste of 90 minutes of my life. While few interruptions I learned nothing I didn't already know.

I suppose it keeps political pundits employed though. Saw them pontificating on CNN, Fox, BBC, Al Jazira as though the "debate" had been some sort of important event.

I can't believe that anyone would decide how to vote on that conversation. It was like two old guys having an argument down at the pub.

Agree in principal. However, it did clearly demonstrate trump still going on with conspiracy stuff, which IMO is excruciatingly boring and sufficient to vote him out of Office. trump's attempted one minute summarising his inauguration speech was, IMO, just awful, still going on with accusations against Biden.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I just hope both candidates had a drug test and got checked for wires, earpieces, contacts, etc.  Make it fair.

Ah so it is true, Jr Bush had that radio/earpiece/receiver, set on at the debate. Most people laughed about the  rectangular poof under his suit coat ,  but never confirmed until now, thanks. Republicans   :biggrin:  always trying to have an unfair advantage.

Given how wuhan 19 is re-surging, this will ride right up to election.  How will Donald fight it? Maybe its all a  hoax, that worked good for a couple months. :thumbsup: two weeks more should be easy. Just pretend it doesn't exist.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

trump and supporters keep going on about the 'radical left' / far left', yet from a Western European POV never observed such policy platform commentary from the Dems, nor from their online policies. Out of curiosity, in US culture, what are the main policies that define 'radical left' / far left'?

As an independent moderate, I would guess they would list these (although there are many other issues) as far left, with some more radical than others. This is a generalization so someone else's view may differ but it gives you a sense of where the left and right split on some policy issues in the US. Some are just left views, while pushing the extremes would make you more radical. However, in today's climate in the US, everyone seems to be categorized as either "far/radical left" or "far/radical right" .

1) An optional healthcare system that would be available to all. Mandatory would be more radical.

2) Diverting some money from police to mental health and social services. Defunding for the sake of defunding would be more radical.

3) Free university education. Capped tuition would be less radical but "far left." Public education up to grade 12 (17-18 y.o.) is free already.

4) Controls on types of weapons/ammo for purchase. More radical would be broader gun controls/bans.

5) Pathway for citizenship for existing people in the country (far left) versus sending them back, then re-applying. Also the amount of immigration. How to deal with illegals.

6) How much money goes to social welfare programs and/or conditions for those programs.

7) Taxation. If you want to raise it significantly (whether across the board or just for the highest earners) you would be far left. The higher you go...the more radical you would be.

8 ) Regulations. Same for environmental, energy, all types of manufacturing/business regulations. The more you want, the more radical you would be seen to be.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't believe that anyone would decide how to vote on that conversation. It was like two old guys having an argument down at the pub.

I can't believe how many people actually believe the farce we call "voting"  is anymore than a contest to see which group ( which has absolutely no concern about the suckers   so called electorate) will have the most access to the big corporate pie.

I really don't know who to feel embarrassed for more :  the suit and tie lawyer/criminals  or the masses that march like robots to cast a meaningless vote.

have to admit though:  when i look at these 2 old guys I am really beyond amazed that these are

what is being offered up as "choices".    man,  funnier than a skit on Saturday Night  (almost) Alive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Silencer said:

As an independent moderate, I would guess they would list these (although there are many other issues) as far left, with some more radical than others. This is a generalization so someone else's view may differ but it gives you a sense of where the left and right split on some policy issues in the US. Some are just left views, while pushing the extremes would make you more radical. However, in today's climate in the US, everyone seems to be categorized as either "far/radical left" or "far/radical right" .

1) An optional healthcare system that would be available to all. Mandatory would be more radical.

2) Diverting some money from police to mental health and social services. Defunding for the sake of defunding would be more radical.

3) Free university education. Capped tuition would be less radical but "far left." Public education up to grade 12 (17-18 y.o.) is free already.

4) Controls on types of weapons/ammo for purchase. More radical would be broader gun controls/bans.

5) Pathway for citizenship for existing people in the country (far left) versus sending them back, then re-applying. Also the amount of immigration. How to deal with illegals.

6) How much money goes to social welfare programs and/or conditions for those programs.

7) Taxation. If you want to raise it significantly (whether across the board or just for the highest earners) you would be far left. The higher you go...the more radical you would be.

8 ) Regulations. Same for environmental, energy, all types of manufacturing/business regulations. The more you want, the more radical you would be seen to be.

lots of stuff to disagree with here. But on taxation, even a majority of Republicans think the rich should be taxed more.

Fox News Poll: Voters favor taxing the wealthy, increasing domestic spending

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-taxing-the-wealthy-increasing-domestic-spending

On gun control

Fox News Poll: Voters favor gun measures, doubt Congress will act

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-gun-measures-doubt-congress-will-act

And on the environment a huge majority of americans favor stricter environmental regulations and laws.

More Republicans say stricter environmental regulations are ‘worth the cost’

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/02/07/more-republicans-say-stricter-environmental-regulations-are-worth-the-cost/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Ya sure about that?

Biden is slightly healthier, study says, but both presidential candidates may be ‘super-agers’

The presidential candidates and their supporters will likely keep belittling the other guy as a doddering old fool, but a group of geriatric experts say in a new paper that both President Trump and challenger Joe Biden appear to have the physical and cognitive tools to make it through four years in the White House.

In fact, the two candidates’ relative good health and other advantages — parental longevity, access to top-notch healthcare and abstinence from smoking and drinking — suggest both men are likely to become long-living “super-agers,” who thrive well into their 80s, or beyond, according to a draft report written by three medical doctors and four researchers with expertise in public health, survival analysis and statistics.

Three of the authors of the paper — Stuart Jay Olshansky, a public health professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; Dr. Bradley Willcox, director of research in the Department of Geriatric Medicine at the University of Hawaii’s medical school; and UCLA Professor Hiram Beltran-Sanchez, an authority on the demographics of aging — wrote previously about how presidents tend to outlive average Americans.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-09-25/biden-trump-super-agers-longevity-study

If you can't just look at Trump and Biden on tv and tell which one is healthier and more coherent, you have much bigger problems than being dead wrong in a public forum. 

• Sad 1