With time running out, Trump to go on offensive at debate in bid to catch Biden

webfact

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Trumps chances of avoiding jail ?

I worry most about Biden's chances of survival if he happens to get covid. I am sure there is a good reason he wears that mask like a life saving device. 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

lots of stuff to disagree with here. But on taxation, even a majority of Republicans think the rich should be taxed more.

Fox News Poll: Voters favor taxing the wealthy, increasing domestic spending

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-taxing-the-wealthy-increasing-domestic-spending

On gun control

Fox News Poll: Voters favor gun measures, doubt Congress will act

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-gun-measures-doubt-congress-will-act

And on the environment a huge majority of americans favor stricter environmental regulations and laws.

More Republicans say stricter environmental regulations are ‘worth the cost’

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/02/07/more-republicans-say-stricter-environmental-regulations-are-worth-the-cost/

The question was what is viewed as far/radical left.  If you are in the WH or Congress, its <deleted> all what 'the people' want, its what you local voters want. Did the current Senate raise taxes, no. Did they pass environmental legislation to protect the environment, no. Did they pass gun control legislation, no. Why, because a good portion of their base would be furious, regardless if the majority of Americans want such legislation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

The question was what is viewed as far/radical left.  If you are in the WH or Congress, its <deleted> all what 'the people' want, its what you local voters want. Did the current Senate raise taxes, no. Did they pass environmental legislation to protect the environment, no. Did they pass gun control legislation, no. Why, because a good portion of their base would be furious, regardless if the majority of Americans want such legislation.  

As pointed out even a majority of Republicans favor increasing taxes on the wealthy and much stricter gun control laws. And close to half favor stricter environmental regulations. If you want to start cherry picking small groups of local voters, fine. But that's what you're doing: cherry picking.

• Like 1

The day after..........  a fantasy based on a true story

"OK  everyone .   Welcome to the highly esteemed position of "public servant" .   (laughter erupts)

"settle down, settle down.   Joe is taking a nap,  but in a bit his caretaker err  publicist will be briefing us on how to play the new game in town.   We will be instituting plan "surf the wave" ,  a catchy phrase that should resonate with the younger generation of masked subjects err citizens.  We will be working in committee,  after committee,  after committee  to work on new legislation that will make

it look like we are doing something.   We all favor new laws ,  Right ?  (applause all round).

Ok, all for today,  You newbies be sure to get your free health insurance cards which cover you, your family,  and your illegal immigrant workers from now till you die.  And , god bless us and the people who voted for us.    "

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

trump and supporters keep going on about the 'radical left' / far left', yet from a Western European POV never observed such policy platform commentary from the Dems, nor from their online policies. Out of curiosity, in US culture, what are the main policies that define 'radical left' / far left'?

Simply google Squads far left agenda if you're interested. Do your own homework.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As pointed out even a majority of Republicans favor increasing taxes on the wealthy and much stricter gun control laws. And close to half favor stricter environmental regulations. If you want to start cherry picking small groups of local voters, fine. But that's what you're doing: cherry picking.

I've seen polls claiming 90% plus of republicans 'like' trump. If what you're saying is correct, why so?

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I "cherry picked" YOUR stupid list of examples, exactly!!!!  You, obviously, do not understand the original question I was responding to which has nothing to do with your train of thought and has nothing to do with how the "far/radical left" is PERCEIVED.

21 minutes ago, sucit said:

If you can't just look at Trump and Biden on tv and tell which one is healthier and more coherent, you have much bigger problems than being dead wrong in a public forum. 

Many comments on how Donald leaned heavily on the podium. Guess he needs to prop himself up.

Wide Shot of Trump’s Heavy Lean on Debate Podium Goes Viral

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Simply google Squads far left agenda if you're interested. Do your own homework.

So you make a line of argument laced around accusations of ‘far left’ but when asked to explain what you mean by ‘far left’ you refuse to provide your own definition and direct us to conduct a ‘Google search’.

A ‘Google search’ has a habit of returning millions of hits, often tens of millions.

I guess by sheer quantity of hits something equating to your idea of ‘far left’ is in there somewhere.

The question is, would you yourself recognize it, or are you simply trotting out pre-canned ‘talking points’ that you are demonstrably unable to defend?!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm not a US citizen so unfamiliar with all the US political slang. I entered the Google search you suggested, looked at the Fox News commentary, I guess one of your acceptable sources.. Summary points don't come across as politically far left in the normal sense of the term, rather, reasonable i.e. a function of government is to care for the less fortunate.

The Working Families Party "People's Charter" calls for free public healthcare, universal childcare, creating millions of green jobs, canceling student debt, a $15 minimum wage and shifting money away from police departments and toward investments in schools and communities.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/progressives-including-squad-release-agenda-to-push-a-biden-adminstration-left

My understanding of shifting money away from police, (e.g. to mental health workers) is in fact to enable police to focus on core policing, not to remove police from frontline / crime prevention / investigation roles.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, pegman said:

Trump was very low energy. . Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Perhaps his campaign managers got him to back off, they could see he alienated swing voters in the first debate.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

The day after..........  a fantasy based on a true story

"OK  everyone .   Welcome to the highly esteemed position of "public servant" .   (laughter erupts)

"settle down, settle down.   Joe is taking a nap,  but in a bit his caretaker err  publicist will be briefing us on how to play the new game in town.   We will be instituting plan "surf the wave" ,  a catchy phrase that should resonate with the younger generation of masked subjects err citizens.  We will be working in committee,  after committee,  after committee  to work on new legislation that will make

it look like we are doing something.   We all favor new laws ,  Right ?  (applause all round).

Ok, all for today,  You newbies be sure to get your free health insurance cards which cover you, your family,  and your illegal immigrant workers from now till you die.  And , god bless us and the people who voted for us.    "

Or perhaps he is incapacitated, and Kamala will take over. O, the weeping and gnashing of teeth. I have a product for the lachrimatory secretions, and I am confident the US dental industry will have teeth to supply for those who have none, at a modest cost of course.

27 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I'm not a US citizen so unfamiliar with all the US political slang. I entered the Google search you suggested, looked at the Fox News commentary, I guess one of your acceptable sources.. Summary points don't come across as politically far left in the normal sense of the term, rather, reasonable i.e. a function of government is to care for the less fortunate.

The Working Families Party "People's Charter" calls for free public healthcare, universal childcare, creating millions of green jobs, canceling student debt, a $15 minimum wage and shifting money away from police departments and toward investments in schools and communities.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/progressives-including-squad-release-agenda-to-push-a-biden-adminstration-left

My understanding of shifting money away from police, (e.g. to mental health workers) is in fact to enable police to focus on core policing, not to remove police from frontline / crime prevention / investigation roles.

I'm not posting any links of conservative platforms, take your pick on the first page of search. I don't want to offend anyone.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Or perhaps he is incapacitated, and Kamala will take over. O, the weeping and gnashing of teeth. I have a product for the lachrimatory secretions, and I am confident the US dental industry will have teeth to supply for those who have none, at a modest cost of course.

L , you have to dumb down your posts a bit as my ejucasion was on the side of the tracks where

dictionaries were too expensive .   Google was my friend but they have now limited me to "under 20 searches per week" ..... as their spy system tells them i have not been buying any of their advertisers products.  

Kamala is a pretty cool name ,  and i do believe that is who we are really going to see running the show.  I predict that after a few months  Joe will have a serious health issue,  possibly an ingrown toenail,  and  the  real plan  (WE are No.2)  will rise to the surface like a no.2 . 

First legislation will be the banning of all male actors from taking the macho starring roles away

from women.   Diversity will be strictly monitored ,  with any public service commandments announcements requiring the rotating use of ethnic minorities from a

prescribed list.   

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Silurian said:

CNN had a panel of  eleven undecided voters in North Carolina. After the debate 7 of them said they would vote for Biden, 0 would vote for Donald and 4 of them are waiting until election day as "things could change".

Undecided voters say who they will vote for after debate

Even if the poll was non scientific, it still was quite stunning considering all the participants came with an undecided mind on who to vote and ended up with 9 think Joe won the debate and none for Trump. 2 thought it was a draw. Then to have 7 making up their mind to vote for Biden and none for Trump after the debate is not a good sign for the sitting president. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

L , you have to dumb down your posts a bit as my ejucasion was on the side of the tracks where

dictionaries were too expensive .   Google was my friend but they have now limited me to "under 20 searches per week" ..... as their spy system tells them i have not been buying any of their advertisers products.  

Kamala is a pretty cool name ,  and i do believe that is who we are really going to see running the show.  I predict that after a few months  Joe will have a serious health issue,  possibly an ingrown toenail,  and  the  real plan  (WE are No.2)  will rise to the surface like a no.2 . 

First legislation will be the banning of all male actors from taking the macho starring roles away

from women.   Diversity will be strictly monitored ,  with any public service commandments announcements requiring the rotating use of ethnic minorities from a

prescribed list.   

You can always PM me instead, Google searches aren't necessarily correct. If one Googles who discovered iron ore deposits in the Pilbara, the information is totally incorrect. Mythologies grow up around individuals, as Americans should know very well.

I think the ship has already sailed in terms of gender re-assignment with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Dustin Hoffman and Walton Goggins.

35 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You understand the defund the police "lite" version. What the powerful and influential squad and sympathizers mean was more literal. Just try getting a straight answer out of any democrat party member. They don't even have the spine to confirm if they would trash the legitimacy of the supreme court if Biden wins.

"Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

Because reform won’t happen."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html

"Democratic Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar said Sunday that the Minneapolis Police Department is “rotten to the root,” making any attempt to reform it futile, and called for the city’s police force to be dismantled."

https://news.yahoo.com/ilhan-omar-minneapolis-police-department-122917324.html

The first is just an opinion piece.  You can get dozens of these spinning it any way you like.  Omar has an issue.  Many police departments are rotten to the core.  Change is needed.  Being in the US is like being in a police state.  It's bizarre. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm not posting any links of conservative platforms, take your pick on the first page of search. I don't want to offend anyone.

take your pick on the first page of search.

I did, nearly all right of centre. Didn't want to offend you, so selected Fox as an example

37 minutes ago, simple1 said:

take your pick on the first page of search.

I did, nearly all right of centre. Didn't want to offend you, so selected Fox as an example

Loads of sensitive types lurking about on this forum. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

I can't believe how many people actually believe the farce we call "voting"  is anymore than a contest to see which group ( which has absolutely no concern about the suckers   so called electorate) will have the most access to the big corporate pie.

I really don't know who to feel embarrassed for more :  the suit and tie lawyer/criminals  or the masses that march like robots to cast a meaningless vote.

2 hours ago, rumak said:

prescribed list.   

Dark times, indeed. People, with a few notable exceptions like yourself of course, are mindless drones and soon macho men will be played by women!

Now, if they even outlaw hyperbole you'll be in real trouble...:coffee1:

Edited by Phoenix Rising