Extension problem following change of banks.

9 hours ago, muffy said:

I was at Bangkok immigration to renew my retirement visa , THE MONEY WAS SEASONED >   I changed banks the same day.They told me that when you change banks the visa is canceled .I never heard this before(here 20 years) . They also wanted 40000 for overstay from the day I CHANGED BANKS .  THE BOTTOM LINE IS I didn't have to pay the  40000 and got my visa after many talks.Did anyone ever have this problem ?I changed banks because I couldn't use the computer at the old bank.I closed the accouunt and went next store to open a new account  with another bank 9 months ago. I was suspicous of the 40000 charge (too even )

You've piggy backed onto a thread about Further Leave to Remain in the UK, you're not going to get an answer there.

I'll open a new thread for you, in the appropriate forum

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You've piggy backed onto a thread about Further Leave to Remain in the UK, you're not going to get an answer there.

I'll open a new thread for you, in the appropriate forum

THANKS

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems odd they would do that if the money went from one bank to another on the same day.

Did you do this during the period when you needed 400k baht in the bank for during the 2 months before your application?

The 40k baht they stated is double the max fine of 20k baht for an overstay.

At least they did back off and you got your extension. It seems the officer that told you that didn't have a clue as to what the rules are.

Actually I waited to change until after 3 months from my last visa .I WENT FROM krung thai within 10 minutes to Kasikorn.My wife follows me on the visa .I only do internet banking and go to the bank when I have to, couldn't do internet with a joint account with Krung Thai.After signing 30/40 times finally finished.,Krung Thai wanted me to take a check so I depositd it .