Trump rejoices as Senate panel approves Barrett while Democrats boycott

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

the election is already underway. 40 million have already voted. Nov 3 is the end of the election.

which is totally immaterial. As is the fact that Obama was denied because he didn't have control of the senate.

Boo hoo, so unfair, unless that unfairness favors the Democrats of course. Standard hypocrisy and grumbling when can't have their own way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just Trump rejoicing.   "The Senate majority is conducting the most rushed, the most partisan and the least legitimate process in the long history of Supreme Court nominations," Senate D

Acting in direct contradiction of the wishes of the majority of Americans in the days before an election is going to have vote consequences.

Another blow to freedom in America imo

Posted Images

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Biden told the CBS program "60 Minutes" that if elected he would create a bipartisan commission of constitutional scholars to examine reforms for the "out of whack" federal judiciary, saying there could be various alternatives to consider besides expanding the Supreme Court.

Whats out of wack is   elected officials putting cardboard cut outs of unelected people in their place!

And I thought ripping the state of the union address was egregious ! How radical this lot is. 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, riclag said:

Whats out of wack is   elected officials putting cardboard cut outs of unelected people in their place!

And I thought ripping up the state of the union address in front of millions ,was egregious ! How radical this lot of activist are. 

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

And I thought ripping the state of the union address was egregious ! How radical this lot is. 

Ridiculous statement. Setting up a panel of subject matter experts to come up with recommendation/s is a valid way forward - arbitrary decision making is not the way to go on such a sensitive political issue. 

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, opalred said:

why does trump want her appointment through quick/he wants to self pardon himself /which will end up in supreme court 

Conspiracy much? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What goes around comes around~the country is getting more diverse and more progressive~the days of what remains of the Republican Party are numbered.  Many progressives are also moving into states that are typically conservative~this will change the dynamic of the electoral college.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

which is totally immaterial. As is the fact that Obama was denied because he didn't have control of the senate.

Boo hoo, so unfair, unless that unfairness favors the Democrats of course. Standard hypocrisy and grumbling when can't have their own way.

It was the Republicans who created the doctrine that a candidate for the supreme court shouldn't be nominated during the last year of a presidential term. So who are the hypocrites?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not just Trump rejoicing.

"The Senate majority is conducting the most rushed, the most partisan and the least legitimate process in the long history of Supreme Court nominations," Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer told reporters after the vote.

I saw a clip of him complaining. I really enjoyed his "outrage".

I saw some democrat on tv complaining that Barrett is going to influence the US for many years and I agree. However, I doubt we have the same opinion as to whether that will be good or bad though.

Roll on Monday, and her confirmation by the full ( or perhaps just the GOP senators ) senate.

What particular issues have earned Justice Barrett your support?

• Like 2