Tourism minister tells the Chinese: Come to Thailand, STV is not group tours

webfact

25 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

He forgets the $ 100 K insurance.

That is included in the paperwork.

This whole mess about the want to open back up ASAP to the preferred tourist country reminds me of a few years ago back when I had the need to go to the embassy in the capital for an income affidavit, thankfully we have had no reason to fly back to the capital since.  My wife and I saw a man on the sidewalk with his legs crossed sitting on a piece of stained cardboard.  He had a hat and dark sunglasses on with a boom box beside him playing awful sounding distorted music at full blast.  A basket with a single10 baht sat in front of him and a bag with a brown bottle sat on the other side.  He was actually looking at a magazine while rocking back and forth mumbling to himself, hopefully looking for a very unlikely basket full of coin.  Everyone walking by was giving the man a wide berth.

18 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

Looks the same as my Non-O visa application...how did you know?

As most would claim on this site, it's easy, you just have to follow the rules, it is not that hard. Truly the paperwork can be ran through, as in life; anything worth doing can be done. The issue here is, there is always something either not good enough i.e. photo quality, or lacking the figure pointing to the address, or placement of where the address to the house is placed, the map, not being hand drawn well or every road labeled near your home, because they not want to except a screen shot of google map, quality of photos not be done perfectly, or the placement of the items they want copied multiple time, not being placed vertically one year, or horizontally the next year, background of the id photo not be white, or blue; this too can change year to year or officer to officer, not having your landlord come with you in some cases, or not show adequately that they register your stay on their property, even though you provide a screen shot showing they did register online with the Government site. You name it, they will find something to default back on, and when they do, best to duck, for they will likely throw the passport back upon you, like you're a child who should not make mistakes and who should know better. Especially if you've been here for any period of time, it gets even worse, on how they might react. Expats are not what they truly want, unless you come bearing gifts and a nice padded envelope, then you're treated like the fish they want you to be...follow the rules as they develop them, and pay as you go, then pay some more, would be greatly appreciated, with a Thai Wai.

555 just not to forget to add this one to your list, which is my favorite o all.

copy.jpg.f5b273fcc2297253cbdbbb19d5d7b6be.jpg

• Like 2

Confusing is the correct term to use also contradiction!  One has to jump through the hoops to get in but if you are Chinese the country who provided us with the Virus who lies and hide then are allow to come in " special treatment " as if they can't have the virus just skip all the paperwork do 14 days and free to move around! 

Prejudice Discrimination roll into one but of course Thai leaders don't have a clue or they just want to turn a blind eye.  One case just one and I will be laughing to the bank.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

They are going to set their stall out for the Chinese market and go down the same road.....all their eggs in one basket.

Tourism from the rest of the world will slowly shrink.....covid20 is only a matter of time...the Chinese will never change their eating habits...and it will happen all over again.

Agreed, except Covid 19 and 20 may not have been because of eating habits. A deliberate or accidental introduction to the population perhaps.

• Like 1

Just now, IamNoone88 said:

Agreed, except Covid 19 and 20 may not have been because of eating habits. A deliberate or accidental introduction to the population perhaps.

I suspect we will never know.....if not eating then I hope accidental rather than deliberate.....but you could have a lunatic individual I guess prepared to do something like that.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:33 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Except that they were not tourists.

From another spokesman from the CCSA - The successful trip of a government delegation from China.

The STV is not available in most countries, not available yet from NZ or Australia, I suspect only Available to Chinese businesses people, and highly probable they have been vaccinated. Cp group Thailands wealthiest family have been linked to these people in overseas media reports. It has been widely published that the vaccine has been given to CEOs and their children. 

The military have been vaccinated, so this STV could be the Start Tourism Vaccine trial for the mob to flood back into the Land Of the Chinese Jab. 

They are not issuing STV for Sputnik 5 tourists yet. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 4:19 AM, webfact said:

...the Chinese ministry for tourism and culture extended their ban on tour groups travelling abroad...Pipat Ratchakitprakarn said he may need to have a word with the Chinese authorities so that their people will understand this ban doesn't apply to those seeking entry on the STV or special tourism visa...

I wonder if the fact that tourists with the STV must arrive in Thailand on a charter flight gave the Chinese the impression that these would be "tour groups".

From https://liveandletsfly.com/thailand-reopens-tourism/ (highlighting in bold red is mine)

The hurdles are high to obtain this visa, including:

• Mandatory 14-day quarantine upon presentation of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival
  • Proof of booking a 90+ day stay in Thailand
    • The first 14 days must be booked in a government-approved “alternate quarantine” hotel or resort – full list here (.pdf)
  • Arriving in Thailand on a chartered flight
  • Criminal background check
  • At least $100,000 in medical insurance

On 10/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, Maestro said:

I wonder if the fact that tourists with the STV must arrive in Thailand on a charter flight gave the Chinese the impression that these would be "tour groups".

From https://liveandletsfly.com/thailand-reopens-tourism/ (highlighting in bold red is mine)

The hurdles are high to obtain this visa, including:

• Mandatory 14-day quarantine upon presentation of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival
  • Proof of booking a 90+ day stay in Thailand
    • The first 14 days must be booked in a government-approved “alternate quarantine” hotel or resort – full list here (.pdf)
  • Arriving in Thailand on a chartered flight
  • Criminal background check
  • At least $100,000 in medical insurance

There is also the small matter of this requirement for the STV as stated on Thai embassy websites

'Two (2) copies of complete bank statement of the applicant’s account(s) showing all transaction for the past 6 months, with minimum balance of THB 500,000.- . Bank contact details should be included.'

Can't imagine many Chinese 'tourists' being able to comply with this one ..

A true 'deer in the headlights' look. I do hope the graft is worth entering into government, otherwise, what's the point?

I think the new national anthem, for all countries worldwide, should be: 'Everybody was Kung Flu fighting....!'

Another group of over 100 STV Chinese tourists arrived last night in Bangkok, under the radar, and I have yet to see any mention of it on the news.  Looks like the Government is using the Protests, and then there special parliamentary session news to overshadow the arrival.  I would have expected more fanfare from TAT, Anutin and Prayut regarding there visitors they have courted as arriving to save the economy.  I found a photo of their arrival but it is tied to another article in the BP, and we are forbidden to post anything from that print.  However the caption indicates that 145 arrived.

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

6800 baht for 90 days is what i read.

Revolut premium account.. 6.99 a month (airport lounges, cheap FX, etc) and includes insurance for 10 million which covers covid and gets a COE to return. 

7 Pounds a month.. And this causes such indignation from farangs. <deleted>. 

On 10/23/2020 at 2:02 PM, IamNoone88 said:

There is no hope of a recovery if all do is invite the Chinese as if they are the only important market.

One would think Thailand would opening the red carpet to South Korea. They were the first country to control the virus and they haven't been building viruses out of their country either. Therefore they certainly should be rewarded with open travel around the world.