White House releases raw footage of Trump's '60 Minutes' interview

webfact

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

That's why the Republicans are desperate for an October surprise--something like Comey's publicly re-opening of the Clinton email investigation. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Absolutely, and that rich diversity as opposed to vile white nationalism is really what makes America great. This current president has dragged us down the drain. His tradition is not new in the U.S. It goes back to race eugenicist theories that literally inspired the Nazis, politicians of division and hatred such as George Wallace, and anti-Semitic American "heroes"  such as Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh, etc. It's time to send that garbage to the dustbin of American history (again). 

The current president already acts as if he has no restraints. Imagine him in a second term not under reelection. The choice is clear -- America or him. 

To expand on this:

On 10/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, mr mr said:

remember clinton was a shoo in for president last time. all the numbers and polls showed it, nbc cnn cbs msnbc they all had trump down and out. 

stay tuned for scream at the sky....a subsequent crying day.

It's not a problem of US-chanels, but a problem of the brains of US voters.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, heybruce said:

Everywhere people favor monoculturalism?  Does that mean in Britain everyone wants to kick out the foreign restaurants and food and go back to eating nothing but over-boiled vegetables and fried stuff?

In the word's of the famous "Rowan Atkinson immigration" Tory speech .........

"I like curry, but now that we've got the recipe, is there really any need for them to stay?"

Sorry this is a Trump topic ......... why have you dragged the UK into the thread?

Maybe someone should remove your off topic post, and my reply to it.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

"I like curry, but now that we've got the recipe, is there really any need for them to stay?"

Sorry this is a Trump topic ......... why have you dragged the UK into the thread?

Well, you made the claim that most people prefer monoculturalism vs multiculturalism (a curious claim on a forum for visitors and expats living abroad).  But since Trump's base seems obsessed with protecting a largely imagined culture from the past, I thought I'd point out how absurd your claim was.

Regarding your curry example; was Rowan Atkinson suggesting the "get the curry recipe and kick them out" speaker was an enlightened intellectual or some kind of idiot?

Also, if your local fish and chips shop expanded their menu to include their best take on curry, would you go to them or an Indian restaurant for curry?

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There are no 'local' fish and chip shops in Chiang Mai.

Dodged the real question.

However, your answer isn't entirely correct.  There are restaurants in Chiang Mai oriented to expats that serve fish and chips.  I don't know if any also serve curry (other than massaman curry, which, I think, is SE Asian).  If they did offer Indian curry, would you go to them or to one of the proper Indian restaurants in Chiang Mai for curry?

Back to the bigger issue, and more on topic; what's wrong with multiculturalism?  I like it, and think it is a benefit both culturally and economically to the US.  If you insist, I'll provide a list of major companies producing products that are part of our daily life that were founded or being run by immigrants or first generation children of immigrants.

There are advantages to opening your country to the best, brightest, most ambitious and most eager to work immigrants.

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

There are advantages to opening your country to the best, brightest, most ambitious and most eager to work immigrants.

Those aren't generally the immigrants that are moving to the UK at the moment.

Not that I actually care.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Posts racist ‘joke’ and then complains about what others are posting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Needs to be pointed out that Rowan Atkinson was a comedian and he was telling a joke on a comedy show 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, Silurian said:

Donald's favorability rating has always been below Biden's for at least the past months (and longer). Biden has consistently held an average of a 15 point favorability over Donald.

Election 2020 favorability ratings

image.png.f30b2000088fabd3ee07a08bcee04af7.png

American presidency isn't won on popularity, but I'm sure you know that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, heybruce said:

Dodged the real question.

However, your answer isn't entirely correct.  There are restaurants in Chiang Mai oriented to expats that serve fish and chips.  I don't know if any also serve curry (other than massaman curry, which, I think, is SE Asian).  If they did offer Indian curry, would you go to them or to one of the proper Indian restaurants in Chiang Mai for curry?

Back to the bigger issue, and more on topic; what's wrong with multiculturalism?  I like it, and think it is a benefit both culturally and economically to the US.  If you insist, I'll provide a list of major companies producing products that are part of our daily life that were founded or being run by immigrants or first generation children of immigrants.

I'm assuming you are not British, but restaurants in Thailand serving fish and chips are NOT ( IMO ) "local fish and chip shops" as found in Britain.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

American presidency isn't won on popularity, but I'm sure you know that.

Not typically, but it can sway some voters. I posted those favorability rating to show TVF user BritManToo that his assumption that Donald was more favorable than Biden is incorrect. Not that I believe Biden will win solely based on favorability rating but these ratings do give Biden a boost with some undecideds that will "hold their nose" and vote for the least undesirable candidate. There is some speculation that is what hurt Hillary in 2016 so Biden has a wider favorability advantage in 2020.

Yikes.

Just when you think trump can't make himself look any worse, along comes a 60 Minutes interview.

Only he can get a flaming dumpster onto a train, which he then crashes.

And since when did "just around the corner" become a phrase for the end of something?

Someone in his family needs to make an intervention.

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yikes.

Just when you think trump can't make himself look any worse, along comes a 60 Minutes interview.

Only he can get a flaming dumpster onto a train, which he then crashes.

And since when did "just around the corner" become a phrase for the end of something?

Someone in his family needs to make an intervention.

The fact that he is a mental midget with the temperament of a child doesn't help, but he has his supporters, so go figure!