COE and the "new" TR visa

can anyone provide me with the definitive, official thai immigration policy re 30 day extension for the "new" TR visa re COE. i am stranded in oz and need 90 days to hopefully satisfy oz borderforce 3 months out requirement.  

I don't really understand the question, what 30 day extension? Regular TRs are not being issued.

If you mean the new STV, it allows stay of 90 days extendable twice (each time for 90 days) for a total of 270 days.

But not as yet being issued in Oz, though expected to be in the coming months.

And requirements are formidable, see

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/special-tourist-visa-stv/

the question i have is does this new TR have a 30 day extension provision like the pre covid TR had. this TR has only recently been added to the eligibility list for certificate of entry from overseas embassy who will issue this visa but can only be extended by thai immigration.   

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing that states you cannot extend the new single entry tourist visa.

RTE canberra has advised me that a 30 day extension is under consideration by thai immigration and at this stage cannot guarantee an extension will be possible

note - this is a "new" TR relevant to certificate of entry

31 minutes ago, Bvor said:

RTE canberra has advised me that a 30 day extension is under consideration by thai immigration and at this stage cannot guarantee an extension will be possible

note - this is a "new" TR relevant to certificate of entry

I cannot see why a extension could not be done. There is really nothing special about other than the additional requirements to apply for it. No change to the clause in the immigration order for tourism purposes would be done to not allow it.

i agree, even provides an extra 30 days of spending from covid 19 free tourist from safe country oz.

i need certainty (TIT haha) to substantiate 90 days for the 3 month out of oz borderforce requirement.

will wait and see, in no hurry at this stage.

thanks for your input.