Find or track my phone app using IMEI number

YorkshireTyke

Hi all

My 7 year old son has lost/had his 3 months old Huawei mobile stolen. He's away in Surin visiting family and was playing outside with it with other kids around and it disappeared. He's coming back tomorrow and I'm trying to find an App that will use GPS to tell me the location. I have the IMEI number. I've downloaded several apps but so far can only locate my own phone !!

Anyone know an app that works ? TIA

You just need his play store ID and password.

Then it can be tracked through Google.

https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

Edited 2 hours ago by BritManToo

If you know the Android phone's google setup account (the play store ID BritManToo references) then you can log into that google account and *potentially* see where it's been, where it is, then set a ring or have a message be displayed *But* only when it next connects to the Internet. Found phones  typically get RESET or sold for parts.

Also, knowing the IMEI number won't be very useful -- as while the mobile phone service provider can track when/where the phone connects to their service they typically only will do so if Law Enforcement makes a valid request.

I recently had a 13yo lose her new smartphone. Was able to see its recorded position up to 6:45am the morning it disappeared. Because of that timestamp I'm guessing she dropped it or powered it down and sold/gave it to someone later that day.

His mother has used his Google Play account and sent me a screenshot in Thai which just seems to show the last time it was turned on. She said it didn't show location or maybe she doesn't know how to do.

I contacted a guy on FB who advertised unlocking phones etc if he knew how to do. He said yes, if I get him the IMEI number, which I did as it's on the box. He said he could trace within 5 metres but he wanted 1,500 Baht ! The phone is Huawei Y6p, only came out in May, and cost over 5k I think or around that price. However, even if the trace shows the house location a family member would have to go to the house and accuse them and no guarantees the phone would be returned.

So I Googled trace via IMEI and there's a few free apps so I tried but the only decent one, IMEI Tracker - Find my phone, has a button to enable to get the phone to send you an sms with location but the button doesn't work !

I downloaded 7 or 8 apps but could only trace my own phone !

22 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Hi all

My 7 year old son has lost/had his 3 months old Huawei mobile stolen. He's away in Surin visiting family and was playing outside with it with other kids around and it disappeared. He's coming back tomorrow and I'm trying to find an App that will use GPS to tell me the location. I have the IMEI number. I've downloaded several apps but so far can only locate my own phone !!

Anyone know an app that works ? TIA

Huawai has its own app called "find phone" . Maybe download it & give it a try? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

His mother has used his Google Play account and sent me a screenshot in Thai which just seems to show the last time it was turned on. She said it didn't show location or maybe she doesn't know how to do.

Get the google login credentials from her, login to that account then try:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?authuser=0&pb

image.png.d90ce0e918d432a5e167bd82999cc721.png   <--- Click to embiggen

Many of the 'tracking' or 'find lost phone' apps you can download need to be preinstalled on the target phone beforehand to work. If it were that simple to just download an app and instantly be able to track someone's phone everyone would complain.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RichCor said:

Get the google login credentials from her, login to that account then try:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?authuser=0&pb

image.png.d90ce0e918d432a5e167bd82999cc721.png   <--- Click to embiggen

Many of the 'tracking' or 'find lost phone' apps you can download need to be preinstalled on the target phone beforehand to work. If it were that simple to just download an app and instantly be able to track someone's phone everyone would complain.

I thought I would try that using my phone but it's in Thai, how do you change to English ?

12 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I thought I would try that using my phone but it's in Thai, how do you change to English ?

On a mobile device go to google.com (search page)

...just below the search field you should see "Google offered in: ~~~~~~", if you see the English link, press it. 

The alternative is to go into your mobile browser ≡ (menu)  Settings / "Languages in Google Product" and make sure English is selected for this login. Scroll down and SAVE

Then you should be able to visit https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?authuser=0&pb

• Like 1