TAT announces compulsory medical insurance for foreign visitors

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this insurance cover only Covid 19 and no other treatments then the premiums are insanely high. It is robbery...outrageous...

ok; i revise my early estimate of 5 visitors to 4

Agree, this is nothing but extortion    another greedy nail in the coffin of Thai tourism

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

Does the airline, think Emirates that offers this insurance - is that acceptable? Or is that a back up & still need to buy $100k separate policy 

Does Thailand accept any policy from wherever if $100k for Covid or only Thai bought insurance policy? 

I would guess just the latter!

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yea when the girls got to lazy wipe your face with a cold wipe in the beer bars I knew it was the end....

Ah ....! one who remember the good days too....,😊 comparing with the now " stars  & movie stars attitude"😒  , and this is only the entertainment  division 😊,  now we got the governmental disturbance division nagging us too much .

For us old retirees it looks now  like a handicapped Pattaya /Thailand

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

No mention of being able to exercise the right to seek insurance with a company of your choice from your homeland .. this is basically a coup to benefit Thai Insurance companies only .. " arm up your back buy it from us " ..

if there's any doubt that they are exploiting this whole C V situation then this should remove it .. 

Two words containing 7 letters three of which are F .. 

Ooohhh goody - I like a word puzzle....

• Haha 1

I believe Emirates has got a free COVID insurance whilst you're in Thailand,etc obviously only if you've flown in with them, highly unlikely the thai authorities will accept this. You'll have to find the link yourself i'm afraid as i've got a hangover and going back to bed😓

• Haha 1

if ya think its too expensive dont get it its simple as that,its not compulsory to get your insurance from a thai company. there are cheaper alternatives in your home countries

• Like 1

Still different prices according to the country of origin which is non-sense : if you are covid free, after 14 days of quarantine, the risk is the same for everybody, whatever the origin.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

ok; i revise my early estimate of 5 visitors to 4

Not more than 3 included Chinese Tourism Minister

3 minutes ago, daejung said:

Still different prices according to the country of origin which is non-sense : if you are covid free, after 14 days of quarantine, the risk is the same for everybody, whatever the origin.

Yes, that's why I call it a total scam.

You need to take that insurance for the length of your intended stay.  But of course after 30 days in a covid-free country like Thailand there is no need for that covid-19 insurance anymore, so why force applicants to take insurance for a longer period than needed?  The answer is obvious of course....

And it is only the length of the period of coverage and your NATIONALITY that determines the premium of this ridiculous covid-19 only insurance scheme. The fact that AGE is not a criterion for the premium is already telltale of the seriousness of these TGIA policies.  A 20 year old American will pay 3 times what an 85 year old Australian would pay for the same period of coverage. 

This flies in the face of all insurance practices, but of course this scheme is not about insurance...

• Thanks 2

I do hope this also includes the Chinese coming in on the STV  or are they exempt and it is just for the unclean ferang from europe, USA and Australia

23 hours ago, mjnaus said:

I was expecting insanely high premiums; but I guess they're not too bad. Although, cheaper alternatives can definitely be found outside of Thailand's borders. 

In Ukraine the mandatory insurance costs 0.30€ a day... here it goes up to 5 times higher