TAT announces compulsory medical insurance for foreign visitors

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

Does the airline, think Emirates that offers this insurance - is that acceptable? Or is that a back up & still need to buy $100k separate policy 

Does Thailand accept any policy from wherever if $100k for Covid or only Thai bought insurance policy? 

I would guess just the latter!

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yea when the girls got to lazy wipe your face with a cold wipe in the beer bars I knew it was the end....

Ah ....! one who remember the good days too....,???? comparing with the now " stars  & movie stars attitude"????  , and this is only the entertainment  division ????,  now we got the governmental disturbance division nagging us too much .

For us old retirees it looks now  like a handicapped Pattaya /Thailand

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

No mention of being able to exercise the right to seek insurance with a company of your choice from your homeland .. this is basically a coup to benefit Thai Insurance companies only .. " arm up your back buy it from us " ..

if there's any doubt that they are exploiting this whole C V situation then this should remove it .. 

Two words containing 7 letters three of which are F .. 

Ooohhh goody - I like a word puzzle....

• Haha 1

I believe Emirates has got a free COVID insurance whilst you're in Thailand,etc obviously only if you've flown in with them, highly unlikely the thai authorities will accept this. You'll have to find the link yourself i'm afraid as i've got a hangover and going back to bed????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, daejung said:

Still different prices according to the country of origin which is non-sense : if you are covid free, after 14 days of quarantine, the risk is the same for everybody, whatever the origin.

Yes, that's why I call it a total scam.

You need to take that insurance for the length of your intended stay.  But of course after 30 days in a covid-free country like Thailand there is no need for that covid-19 insurance anymore, so why force applicants to take insurance for a longer period than needed?  The answer is obvious of course....

And it is only the length of the period of coverage and your NATIONALITY that determines the premium of this ridiculous covid-19 only insurance scheme. The fact that AGE is not a criterion for the premium is already telltale of the seriousness of these TGIA policies.  A 20 year old American will pay 3 times what an 85 year old Australian would pay for the same period of coverage. 

This flies in the face of all insurance practices, but of course this scheme is not about insurance...

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, mjnaus said:

I was expecting insanely high premiums; but I guess they're not too bad. Although, cheaper alternatives can definitely be found outside of Thailand's borders. 

In Ukraine the mandatory insurance costs 0.30€ a day... here it goes up to 5 times higher

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the insurance which covers your 'confinement' should you be locked up for the good of society if someone you know has COVID, like what just happened to a man and his kid of Samui after his wife tested positive.

They test negative yet they're in a hospital right now in isolation being 'treated' by people in spacesuits on a daily basis - this is what they do when you test negative.

Nobody should come on holiday to Thailand right now - nobody at all.

It's crazy, I've been saying this for a couple of months, they've just doubled down on it and made it official.

It doesn't even cover you for actual COVID treatment if you need it.

A very interesting point, if the boy and his father have actually been locked up, then they will probably end up paying for their confinement. I'm no insurance expert, however they do try to slip out of paying out and the boy and his father tested negative, so would the Covid insurance even cover them, as effectively they don't have Covid? well not yet anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

... I see nothing wrong with doing so, because after 30 days in covid-free Thailand it would be clear that you are not covid infected and hence no need for having such insurance for a full year.

Yes, nothing wrong with gaming the system, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What part of   "  TAT announces compulsory medical insurance for foreign visitors "  don't folks understand     ???

you have to have some COVID19 cover   .....   the original 100k still stands but it must include COVID19 .....    imo

2 hours ago, SteveMack said:

Hi, Can anyone tell me with certainty,  If or when I  can get to Thailand on a Tourist visa, Can I get my own travel Insurance in the uk before I fly ?Thanks

if it's cover for 100k  and includes COVID19 cover.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, tso310 said:

Agree with mjnaus. Just been on the site. 6400 THB for 90 days visiting Thai family. I suppose the question is will they only accept this insurance for the issuing of the CoE and not the cheaper alternatives. 

I am a resident of Luxembourg and part of their social security system. The Luxembourg healthcare system covers its subscribers worldwide and  so when I broke my arm really badly in Thailand and needed an operation to plate and screw the bone back together, I received a bill equivalent to 3600€. Upon returning home, I submitted the bill to the healthcare system here and they refunded 3350€ (not sure what the deduction was for but I was so grateful that they had paid the bulk of it that I didn't pursue it). That being the case, would they accept my Luxembourg social security card as sufficient proof of insurance?

Why do some people like make problems for themselves? If the Thai authorities have come up with relatively affordable and easily verifiable insurance coverage for those wishing to get a visa for 30, 60, 90, 180 days or a whole year, why would one even think about trying to see if an embassy or consular visa issuer or even an immigration officer has time to verify some other, foreign companies insurance?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, paulbj2 said:

I am a resident of Luxembourg and part of their social security system. The Luxembourg healthcare system covers its subscribers worldwide and  so when I broke my arm really badly in Thailand and needed an operation to plate and screw the bone back together, I received a bill equivalent to 3600€. Upon returning home, I submitted the bill to the healthcare system here and they refunded 3350€ (not sure what the deduction was for but I was so grateful that they had paid the bulk of it that I didn't pursue it). That being the case, would they accept my Luxembourg social security card as sufficient proof of insurance?

No, because they have no way of knowing what a foreign social security scheme covers.

If you can get a letter from the Social Security describing your coverage and that COVID is included then fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paulbj2 said:

I"m sure the answer would be No in terms of getting a COE issued.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Sure this will still be in effect long after a vaccine and will be extended to those already captive here there is money to be made and we know who is going to pay it ???? 

The monsters and the beasts will pay it ????????????????????????????