Annual cost of a new pick up truck.

The Theory

My truck is 3 years old never paid more than 8,500 with a 10,000 baht penalty if its my fault.

This year the trucks covered for 495,000 and I pay 812 baht a month for 10 months.

With Roojai you can get a good deal.

• Like 2

When you shop for insurance find out where the repair shop is. I kept the same insurance the dealer sold me for the first 6 yrs. just because it was easy and I wasn't here full time. But that insurance was expensive but no deductible, no questions. The shop was nearby. But that insurance was costing around 20,000/yr.

So I was going to go with Roojai but getting a straight answer about repair was impossible. For my 8 yr old Isuzu 4 door pickup I'm paying 7600 bht with Allience, I bought it at the inspection station.

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So I was going to go with Roojai but getting a straight answer about repair was impossible.

For my 8 yr old Isuzu 4 door pickup I'm paying 7600 bht with Allience, I bought it at the inspection station.

I found Roojai OK but finding out what the first class No.1 insurance covered got a bit messes because we wanted business cover because we carry things in the back of the truck.

The private use quote was cheaper but doesn't cover anything in the back.

Paying monthly I liked to as it included the CTPL as well. 

• Like 1

When I looked up Roojai insurance they said in the small print, that they didn't insure anyone over 65. They might have changed who knows. I got my 1st class insurance down by 7000bht by insuring it owner driver only. Whatever it all depends on what pick up model, make, pick up you get. So you will only get estimates as you question is at best vague, 4X4, 4 door, big engine being the most expensive. If you include servicing around 30k bht for the large one. But if your worried about 30k then suggest you don't get one. 

• Confused 2

roojai Is the cheeper but attention, when you need your money back it will a war. I lost my war for my redound after 9 month waiting. so think before. 

for other expense tax depending of engine size and how many doors of your pick up, 4 doors are more expensive than kingcab. (2doors)

Edited by gaviolit
  • Thanks 2

First class on a 1 year old Ford Ranger Wildtrak via Roojai around 12K.I sold a motorbike and it was also insured with Roojai.No issues getting the remaining months refunded.Service around 2-3K per year for me.cheers

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Theory said:

I'm getting interested in buyIng a new pick up truck. Is there anybody who has bought a new one ? How much did 1st class insurance and license cost on the 2nd year (not purchase time at dealer) ? 

The road license is set by the Govt, about Bht 7000 a year until it is 6 years old then it drops. 

Insurance depends on so many things. Value, number of drivers, no-claims etc, same as any other country.

I paid Bht 17000 ish on a new Vigo, now it is 12k after 8 years. Never claimed so I have no idea how good or bad the insurance company is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

They insured me ... I'm 74..  Cost 9,000 for #1 insurance

question is whether the policy wording has changed,
or that you have received a policy anyway
that can be voided at any moment since you do not match the requirements.
(this may happen in cases where the accident damage, and thus the payout, is large and therefore the investigation into the claim rather thorough .)

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, The Theory said:

I'm getting interested in buyIng a new pick up truck. Is there anybody who has bought a new one ? How much did 1st class insurance and license cost on the 2nd year (not purchase time at dealer) ? 

depends on what kinda truck one bought/buys........

21 hours ago, transam said:

I hope 30,000bht for a years servicing on a pick-up has too....????

As usual you don't read any post fully. Just reply to anything to get another post on. 

If you care to look I said that the total will be around 30k for a large pick up including servicing tax insurance. Time to now go an clue yourself up on English.