UK lawmakers worried about lack of Brexit preparations

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Typical the British Empire:

Want to leave the EU at any costs, but ... of course, still being treated as EU nationals in case of a travel into the EU.

Simple: first get your Schengen visa, and then line up at the appropriate line... Your British passport cannot be checked anymore under EU laws, as YOU, British, so clearly insisted.

The government is seeking continued use by UK nationals of the automatic e-gates used by EU nationals at airports and Eurostar terminals. The move is seen by the European commission as an attempt to keep Britons in faster lanes rather than having to queue up with the rest of the world after the end of the transition period.

The commission is adamant that giving UK nationals such a right would breach EU law. “The Schengen border code is restrictive on this,” says one internal EU document seen by the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/23/uk-presses-for-use-of-faster-passport-gates-at-eu-airports-post-brexit?utm_term=e519c6f20424635724b1e89f0589c05d&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email

Portugal is way ahead of you.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/17/portugal-plans-special-lanes-for-britons-in-its-airports-after-brexit#:~:text=Portugal plans to open dedicated,%2C António Costa%2C has said.

1 minute ago, RayC said:

£8.1bn spent and b****r all to show for it.

How do you know there is b****r all to show for it? Have you actually looked for it? What do you expect to see? Would you understand it when it is right there in front of your face? Do you only get your Brexit preparation status reports from Reuters or your Grauniad? Do you expect the government to send a man with a clip board around to knock on your door to tell you what your own specific preparations have been?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RayC said:

If only I could.

Not missed but completely forgotten. About as much use as a chocolate teapot. Don't take my word for it: 

"In January 2020, the National Audit Office reported that the government had spent £46 million on the Get Ready for Brexit campaign in October 2019. The auditors concluded that "it is not clear that the campaign resulted in the public being significantly better prepared". (Source: Wikipedia). 

I'm based in Nakhon London (for the moment). Maybe you should take your own advice and get out more yourself.

This is the second time in a week that you have replied to one of my posts which has been quickly deleted. 

How do you manage that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Does the Emperial British Government already published the laws the British foods, toys, electric appliances, sport goods, chemicals etc should apply to ? Or.. just copies of the EU laws and regulations ? Maybe BE instead of CE ? And BReach instead of Reach !  Of course no access anymore to the RASFF  and EFSA databases

What is the relevance of using the word Emperial (Imperial) before British Government...?

19 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No no, @Loiner said they had four years to prepare, so it’s their own fault. So screw them; who needs businesses anyway when you can have blue passports? 

Another great Brexit success story. As a European, I keep LMAO. What a great comedy Brexit is ???? 

with all this interest pommies have in the colour on their passport covers

one may wonder why the UK changed to reddish

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No no, @Loiner said they had four years to prepare, so it’s their own fault. So screw them; who needs businesses anyway when you can have blue passports? 

Another great Brexit success story. As a European, I keep LMAO. What a great comedy Brexit is ???? 

They have had four years to prepare, but the ones you refer to spent that time trying every trick in the book to reverse our decision to Leave. 

They had better sort themselves out PDQ. 

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Go on then; tell us what that £8.1 billion has achieved.

Or will you simply resort to you usual "I'm not doing your research for you" excuse whenever your 'facts' are challenged?

I’m not doing your research for you. 

If if you want to know what the money has been spent on go ask the government. Try a FOI request, or maybe look at some of their new systems, or even some of their information campaigns. 

• Like 1