UK lawmakers worried about lack of Brexit preparations

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

I’m not doing your research for you. 

Not my research; yours. You made a statement based upon what you want us to believe are facts; but as usual can't back it up.

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

Not if you haven’t done your homework and kept up with the government information. 

Except, despite their spending over £8.1 billion, the government information is useless! Even after you've navigated your way through page after page of options, what's left is full of 'ifs,' 'buts' and 'maybes.' 

Here is the link to that information again; check it if you don't believe me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tebee said:

No you bloody moron, as I'll be one of those affected by this, of course I've read the relevant document from HM Gov here -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

But how many firms in say Thailand,  would even know where to find that and what is the chance of them doing that in the 3 months between publication and implantation.

I used Captain Kirk as a illustration of the effects of these rules  and a rather simpler explanation than the government notices.

Tl.dr Captain Kirk is right !

did read the piece from BJ

looks to me as if the new system will make life easier for consumers in the UK end

if and when this sinks in with the phletora of mom/pop businesses in SEA questions will surface

who will answer? are embassies to eg LoS staffed to handle that?

20 hours ago, tebee said:

Which means anyone who wants to sell something to someone in the UK needs to register for UK VAT and charge VAT when they send it then remit that to the UK tax office. They have decided to apply this world wide, not just to the EU.

Are you sure that the international export business is right for you? If you are not up to it and need to pay somebody to fill in a few forms for you, perhaps you should consider another profession.

Regardless of your own situation, we want the VAT up front.