Device 'MAC' Address

jastheace

For a while now i have been using a wireless network watcher. this gives me a list of devices that are using my internet router. It's use was just to make sure the younger members of the household weren't secretly using the games console or mobile devices when they shouldn't. most devices give their identity, ie, what it is, and even make and model. however, some devices do not. It also logs first time device logs on to network, as well as the last or current time. ALL devices however give their 'MAC' address. 

So my query relates to...

There is a device I do not recognise. there is a 'MAC' address, and the log times. but that's it. hoping that someone hasn't hacked into my internet router, and it's innocent. I know one approach is to reset the router password, but just curious to what this device is...

62-4E-A2-EB-7E-21

the above is the 'MAC' address. i believe this is unique  to each device and the first few characters identify make and model.

a bit of searching has proved fruitless, even though there are sites which claim to be able to identify these details.

searching goes into details about 'OUI' and so forth.

anyone on here can give me a pointer?

also if it wasn't wise to give out a full 'MAC' address on a public forum, let me know!

TIA