Brush cutter (Part 2)

djayz

I wanted to post this in a previous topic I opened a year or two ago about brush cutters, but, unfortunately, it has been archived and closed to further comment, so, here's a new thread. 

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Honda, 4 stroke brush cutter. However, the nut (see photo 1) which holds the cutter/trimmer in place has become worn and can only be opened with a vice grip. I've checked on lazada, but to no avail. Any tips on where I can order one online and what's the correct name for it? 

Any tips much appreciated. 

IMAG0795~2.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, djayz said:

On this topic, where do you buy grease? Something's are completely new territory for me... 

You can buy grease at the Kuchinari tractor shop (he's probably got nuts as well or can order them) or the big car -care garage just down a bit. They have a shop that sells oils grease etc. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, djayz said:

On this topic, where do you buy grease? Something's are completely new territory for me... 

I usually buy the grease at the tractor spares shop.  It is called LT3 in a brown 1kg tub. I call it the tractor spares shop which it is, but they also do power tools, batteries, oil, nuts bolts and washers of many sizes, generators, water pumps and not always genuine Honda spare parts. But they fit and if I have a problem I can always return the item.

I have got a folder wih the spare part numbers and drawings for the Honda but last time I tried to post it to Crossy on TVF it wouldn't accept the folder but only one page at a time.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is a left hand thread and I usually buy mine at either the tractor shop in the big village 6km away, or at the guy who sells things like that up in Kamphang Phet 60 km away.

I had lost mine.

Just went to district town at one of the shops that sell brush cutters.

Hefty 50 Baht :smile:

To the OP: do you live near Korat city or where?

Maybe someone can point you to a specific location.

Online might become a bit difficult to find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I had lost mine.

Just went to district town at one of the shops that sell brush cutters.

Hefty 50 Baht :smile:

To the OP: do you live near Korat city or where?

Maybe someone can point you to a specific location.

Online might become a bit difficult to find.

Yeah, I live 65km outside Korat City, in a small place called Nong Bun Mak, in the direction of Buriram, but I'm in Korat City often. 

Sounds like I'm not going to have too many problems finding parts or grease. ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, djayz said:

I've checked on lazada, but to no avail. Any tips on where I can order one online and what's the correct name for it? 

This seems to be a source:

https://shopee.co.th/น็อตเกลียวซ้าย-น็อตหัวเกียร์สำหรับเครื่องตัดหญ้า--i.88098920.5444610406?gclid=CjwKCAjwoc_8BRAcEiwAzJevteaOtA_9Ya7QtiqqAZUs1pEsQy0wQ6EikjlUvTGV1bWY2yu5OLgnxBoCJ7kQAvD_BwE

M10? On Lazada, minimum order 5 pieces:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/5-m10-i429324599.html

The title in Thai is "descriptive" (left twist nut for fixing mover head).

Left twist nut in Thai: น็อตเกลียวซ้าย

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You're a genius! Put me on the right track AND in Thai! Thanks.