Retirement extension fee

4 minutes ago, wozza said:

Reason for my question was i had a serious discussion regarding a guy who swears that it costs 15000 to renew your retirement extension, I told him it was 1900 but he wasn't having it.

Case closed I think .

If you or your mate had a cell the answer would take under 5 seconds.

• Haha 2

OP, if you have very straight forward question as per you thread, in future try Google.

Skip thaivisa search. It's useless. 

So in google type "cost of non o extension thaivisa". Make sure thaivisa is one word at end of search.

It will direct you to many threads that cover your questions.

22 minutes ago, wozza said:

Reason for my question was i had a serious discussion regarding a guy who swears that it costs 15000 to renew your retirement extension, I told him it was 1900 but he wasn't having it.

Case closed I think .

15,000 is when one pays an agent to bribe the Immigration officer he is connected to, when the applicant either does not have the 800K in the bank for the required period, or the 65K in proven monthly income.

One should bear in mind with this type of arrangement, if either the agent or the IO is exposed, the visa/extension of all applicants using that route will become null and void.

1900 baht. That's what i paid a week ago

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

15,000 is when one pays an agent to bribe the Immigration officer he is connected to, when the applicant either does not have the 800K in the bank for the required period, or the 65K in proven monthly income.

One should bear in mind with this type of arrangement, if either the agent or the IO is exposed, the visa/extension of all applicants using that route will become null and void.

Also might add that the agent may 'register' your extension at the local office he has a contact in. So no matter where you live, you very likely will be listed as living in Pattaya or another city when it comes time to do your 90 day reports you had better be aware of that. It's a dirty game, half legal and half not depending on what agent you use and under what circumstances.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wozza said:

Case closed I think .

That guy is using an agent....he's paying the agent Bt15,000 who makes a very handsome profit for a simple application.   Maybe the guy is using an agent because he simply don't understand or nor wants to do simple paperwork, he don't have required funds/medical insurance and the agent is getting the immigration office to waiver/look the other way regarding the income/insurance requirements, etc.   

But for a person off the street applying for a retirement extension of stay renewal the cost is Bt1,900...I did that for 11 years before switching to a marriage extension this year...Bt1,900 each and every year.....same price for a marriage extension--Bt1,900.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Direct me to ONE thread or post where this has occurred. 

Years ago there were people providing fake stamps. That was knocked on head.

Recently there was well know "visa service" in Bangkok raided by police on unrelated matter.

In fact sponsor of thaivisa. All their stamps etc provided via their services were given a tick. Why type this ill informed clap trap.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tonray said:

Also might add that the agent may 'register' your extension at the local office he has a contact in. So no matter where you live, you very likely will be listed as living in Pattaya or another city when it comes time to do your 90 day reports you had better be aware of that. It's a dirty game, half legal and half not depending on what agent you use and under what circumstances.

That's very true. 

Seems KK and Pattaya 2 very popular locations for agents to use. 

Most provide a service to also do 90 day reports at small cost. 

I'm not pushing for use of agents, however very useful for some folk with no options.

• Like 1

If one follows the templates people have listed  here on TV for the many types of extensions of stays, and you have all of the necessary paperwork, copies, and such, including obtaining the Bank statements, for the income method, for either a marriage extension or retirement, or if you are doing the 800K in the bank retirement extension then it is not really an issue, and an agent is not needed.  Like I said as long as you have everything required it can be done in less than 2 hours using an on-line appointment for retirement, with only a 1900 THB cost at immigration.  A little more time needed for a extension of stay based upon marriage.  

I just went through this on this past Tuesday at CW for my retirement extension based upon an O-A Visa, and the extra paperwork I needed was an in country Thai HI policy that covered the 1 year period of the extension.  I can see no need for a re-entry permit at this time due to Covid, and not being able to come back in easily if you decide to leave.  But a re-entry stamp can be picked up at the airport in order to keep your extension of stay valid should you wish to travel out of the country.  Ensure you have your bank books with you, new and old, as well as your old passports and copies of those stamped pages as well should the IO wish to see them for whatever reason.  Better to have more with you than not having enough.   

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

your old passport s and copies of those stamped pages as well should the IO wish to see them for whatever reason.  Better to have more with you than not having enough.   

Thanks for post. As far as CW goes re passport they do not wish to see old pp that perhaps contains original non o entry.

What they want is current passport with info page and the transfer of info relating to your original non o info. Also the other relevant pages such as most recent annual extension stamp and and re-enter permit etc.

I'm with you Ryan I take anything they might ask for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did the legal route for quite a few years until (not sure how to phrase this) the bird with the long hair on desk 8 in Jomtien got a sh!tty on, may have been hormonal, I really don't know, but all my paperwork was in order ( don't even think of questioning that part) had to go back to the bank for another letter even though the one I had had only been printed the day before, then when I presented that she still didn't believe me and said I needed to put money in there & then.

The Mrs went around the corner and deposited 1000 baht into my account, I had the volume on my phone up high so when the alert from the bank came through the girl heard it, I showed her and she still wanted to see the receipt from the ATM/Deposit machine.

Then when she ran out of blocking moves she took it all out the back and I had to wait more than 30 minutes before it got approved.

And you ask why people use agents ? ????????????

By the way, I get a reciept, and the stamps and signatures are all genuine, don't listen to the fairytale crowd that they're dodgy, they're legit, only easier. 

It depends on which office one is renewing. I used an agent ( legitimate ) in Chiang Mai for about 6 years. Decided I was doing the grunt stuff assembling all the paperwork, they were charging me 5500 baht to hold my hand at Immigration. Did the 2019 extension myself, about 4 hours.

The extension I did in Chiang Rai a week ago was a walk in the park, about 20 minutes. Had to fill out a new TM7, the one I downloaded was out of date. Had to go back in the afternoon to collect the passport as the boss was not around to sign the extension in the morning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I did the legal route for quite a few years until (not sure how to phrase this) the bird with the long hair on desk 8 in Jomtien got a sh!tty on, may have been hormonal, I really don't know, but all my paperwork was in order ( don't even think of questioning that part) had to go back to the bank for another letter even though the one I had had only been printed the day before, then when I presented that she still didn't believe me and said I needed to put money in there & then.

The Mrs went around the corner and deposited 1000 baht into my account, I had the volume on my phone up high so when the alert from the bank came through the girl heard it, I showed her and she still wanted to see the receipt from the ATM/Deposit machine.

Then when she ran out of blocking moves she took it all out the back and I had to wait more than 30 minutes before it got approved.

And you ask why people use agents ? ????????????

By the way, I get a reciept, and the stamps and signatures are all genuine, don't listen to the fairytale crowd that they're dodgy, they're legit, only easier. 

Most people know you have to up date your bank book by making a transaction, and most IO's want the letter and update the same day. Seems you didn't. You were lucky you didn't get sent back to your bank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Most people know you have to up date your bank book by making a transaction, and most IO's want the letter and update the same day. Seems you didn't. You were lucky you didn't get sent back to your bank.

Seem we are no longer allowed to edit. what I wanted to add; it seems your paper work was not all in order then.