Retirement extension fee

On 10/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, tonray said:

Also might add that the agent may 'register' your extension at the local office he has a contact in. So no matter where you live, you very likely will be listed as living in Pattaya or another city when it comes time to do your 90 day reports you had better be aware of that. It's a dirty game, half legal and half not depending on what agent you use and under what circumstances.

This situation sounds like mine, but I have yet to do my first 90-day report. I got my retirement extension late August and they did the day-one 800k deposit into my Bangkok Bank account. I deposited the 800k into my account after, because I don’t want that to be an issue when I do the annual renewal and I don’t want to use an agent again. My extension was processed in Pattaya using a Pattaya address, but I’ve since moved to Hua Hin, where my wife and I plan to stay. Is it not simply a matter of indicating the new address on the TM-30 (I think that’s the 90-day report) when I do the report? 

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

This situation sounds like mine, but I have yet to do my first 90-day report. I got my retirement extension late August and they did the day-one 800k deposit into my Bangkok Bank account. I deposited the 800k into my account after, because I don’t want that to be an issue when I do the annual renewal and I don’t want to use an agent again. My extension was processed in Pattaya using a Pattaya address, but I’ve since moved to Hua Hin, where my wife and I plan to stay. Is it not simply a matter of indicating the new address on the TM-30 (I think that’s the 90-day report) when I do the report? 

Yes..it's not a big deal..just something people should be aware of. I had a friend who used an agent and when he showed up at CW to get a residence certificate for a driver's license he found out he could not get it there. Just something to be aware if which if course is an indication your extension is dodgy..

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:31 AM, Lacessit said:

Why would you assume it has never happened, just because it is not posted on Thai Visa?

I occasionally have to tolerate rudeness from Thais. I don't accept it from any other foreigner, you're on ignore.

Nevertheless, unless you can point us to cases where an agent  procured Extension became 'null and void' it would appear you are scare mongering without basis. It has been going on for over 10 years that I can think of, and yet I cannot recall one incident of the Extension being challenged. Since there is provision in the rules for an IO to sign off on various requirements, some consider it legitimate. 

Anyhow, an old chestnut.

• Like 2